Will Adrian Peterson go as high as #2 overall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Adrian Peterson go as high as #2 overall?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is obviously the best back to come around in a while, but will he make his mark on draft day like our Ronnie did?

Nobody criticized our pick.

I figure nobody's going to criticize Peterson wherever he goes.

But will he go as high as Ronnie Brown and Marshall Faulk?

I believe he might. The guy is a virtual clone of Eric Dickerson, who also was drafted at the #2 pick overall.

Hes real good but not the best i've ever seen in college...good in college means nothing in the nfl...But i think if he progresses each year he is there and comes out after his junior season which i think i read something saying hes gonna stay all 4 years...and then He'll probobly be one of the top picks coming out either #1 or #2 overall

I also think that #1 overall should be a given.

But I felt that way about Mike Williams at some point.

If he came out this year he would have been a top 2 pick but there is no way he would be number 1 next year ahead of Matt.

When he is eligible to come out he will be a top pick but to sit hear and guess 2 years ahead of time is just a guess

I think it depends on how well Ronnie Brown and the rest of this year's RB class does. If they do well, teams will take a bigger look and wont be afraid to pull the trigger on an RB like Peterson.

wpgfishfan said:
If he came out this year he would have been a top 2 pick but there is no way he would be number 1 next year ahead of Matt.

When he is eligible to come out he will be a top pick but to sit hear and guess 2 years ahead of time is just a guess

He might, if SF is picking again, which is possible, cause they wont draft a QB,but do they need an RB, so yeah, he wont go first......

why did i post this?

He must continue to produce and stay healthy. Its too early to really be sure.

I dont think he will even be in next years draft. Why you ask, he is a freshman!!!! that means next year he would be a soft!!!! That means the NFL will not allow him into the draft untill 2007.

When you have a former Heisman-winner behind center and a ton of great receivers out wide but defenses focus on stopping the run, you're good.
Adrian Peterson might go first overall and I doubt a team would regret it.

Back
Top Bottom