Will Albert Wilson make the final cut in 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Albert Wilson make the final cut in 2020?

The depth chart obviously would have Parker and Williams at #1 and #2 but after that it gets real murky! Is #3 Hurns? Wilson? Isaiah Ford looked pretty good when injuries opened up an opportunity for him in December. Personally I would like to see him more. Kirk Merritt is said to have huge potential and only went undrafted due to ugly off-field issues. Gary Jennings would probably need to have a really great camp in order to stick around but if it's true he's already working out with Tua some then maybe that will happen. Malcolm Perry and Matt Cole both bring some competition for Jakeem Grants role as a returner. With Jakeem's injury history and Perry's upside as a gadget play guy I feel like Grant may be out. I honestly have no clue where Ricardo Louis and Mack Hollins fit in but neither of them excites me at all. Could Hollins convert to TE? Who do think gets cut from the final roster?
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-outlook-jakeem-grant/

Absolutely as long as healthy. He’s a dynamic healthy when lining up. Too much speed too ignore and he catches the ball. I’m fine moving on after this year but we need a healthy Wilson this year. He’s a good team player also

Wilson played well over the latter part of the 2019 season after he was fully recovered from the hip injury he suffered the previous season. He is definitely one of the top 5 WR’s on the roster and I fully expect him to be on the roster during the 2020 season.

There's kinda a weird logjam of "pretty good" WR on the Dolphins right now. I'm of the opinion the WR1-4 positions right now are:

- Parker
- Wiliams
- Wilson
- Grant

...and then the rest. I think what it might come down to is positional versatility. Hurns can play slot and outside, as can Grant (one of the few benefits of Gase being an idiot). Could Grant fall? Sure. But I think the initial fighting is going to be for the #5-6 WR positions. I think you're going to have Ford, Jennings, Hollins, Hurns, Louis and Merritt scrapping for 2 positions. (I suspect Perry ends up in the backfield and Matt Cole ends up KR/PR.)

The difficulty is that you've really got 4 players who are probably best suited for slot (Wilson, Grant, Hurns, Ford)...and that ALL FOUR of those players seem to have excellent work ethic. One of those younger kids is really going to have to pry that spot away, IMO.

Edited to add: Welp, apparently the Dolphins are asking Jennings to learn the slot as well. That doesn't make anything less confusing.

Last edited:
How has he been in team meetings? How has he been interacting with Tua?

Who will be that "security blanked". Parker and Gesicki are going to get a lot of the focus from D so we need an underneath guy. I would be interested to see if they think Brieda can play any slot. Do we really think it can be Hurns?

I don't think we keep BOTH Albert and Jakeem. But whichever is more reliable I think is worth it to keep around.

Parker
Williams
One of Wilson/Grant
2 of Hurns/Jennings/Ford
One of Merritt/Cole

Thats likely your 6

How has he been in team meetings? How has he been interacting with Tua?

Who will be that "security blanked". Parker and Gesicki are going to get a lot of the focus from D so we need an underneath guy. I would be interested to see if they think Brieda can play any slot. Do we really think it can be Hurns?

I don't think we keep BOTH Albert and Jakeem. But whichever is more reliable I think is worth it to keep around.

Parker
Williams
One of Wilson/Grant
2 of Hurns/Jennings/Ford
One of Merritt/Cole

Thats likely your 6
I agree with you that only one of Wilson/Grant will stay beyond training camp. I just think that it's more likely they go with the younger guys with more long term upside possibility. It will be interesting to see if the rest of your prediction holds up. Be prepared to say a big "I told ya so!" in September!

I agree with you that only one of Wilson/Grant will stay beyond training camp. I just think that it's more likely they go with the younger guys with more long term upside possibility. It will be interesting to see if the rest of your prediction holds up. Be prepared to say a big "I told ya so!" in September!

huh? Why would I say "told ya so", what did you say?? I didn't even quote you or know what you said.

edit: now Im realizing you started the thread for the first time. Was just posing some questions back to you.

All I did was ask questions and say "I think" - that was no sort of prediction.

You took that a very weird and confrontational way

He a lock to play this season which is great to give our young a year to bloom. Definitely our slot guy this year.

Trade him back to the Chiefs.

I am not sure I am releasing him outright but I get the point that he likely doesn't appear to be a part of the future with Tua so why not try and save the cash this year?

On the flip side, dude has wheels and can play so.....

Chiefs have zero reason to trade for him and he probably could not make their roster.

There's kinda a weird logjam of "pretty good" WR on the Dolphins right now. I'm of the opinion the WR1-4 positions right now are:

- Parker
- Wiliams
- Wilson
- Grant

...and then the rest. I think what it might come down to is positional versatility. Hurns can play slot and outside, as can Grant (one of the few benefits of Gase being an idiot). Could Grant fall? Sure. But I think the initial fighting is going to be for the #5-6 WR positions. I think you're going to have Ford, Jennings, Hollins, Hurns, Louis and Merritt scrapping for 2 positions. (I suspect Perry ends up in the backfield and Matt Cole ends up KR/PR.)

The difficulty is that you've really got 4 players who are probably best suited for slot (Wilson, Grant, Hurns, Ford)...and that ALL FOUR of those players seem to have excellent work ethic. One of those younger kids is really going to have to pry that spot away, IMO.

Edited to add: Welp, apparently the Dolphins are asking Jennings to learn the slot as well. That doesn't make anything less confusing.

Maybe Flo isn't satisfied with the other slots. Maybe it's just versatility.

huh? Why would I say "told ya so", what did you say?? I didn't even quote you or know what you said.

edit: now Im realizing you started the thread for the first time. Was just posing some questions back to you.

All I did was ask questions and say "I think" - that was no sort of prediction.

You took that a very weird and confrontational way

he wasnt being an asshole about it Fin. He was giving you props for your suggestions and telling you that you can puff your chest out and say "told you so" if it plays out that way...in a proud way, not in a sarcastic way.

Im surprised we got halfway thru the first page before anyone mentioned he restructured his contract. It seems that normally works out well for both. Wilson is betting on himself and the fins will try to return the favor to him by giving him his opportunity to prove himself. Besides if we cut him he'd probably be a patriot within 5 minutes

he wasnt being an ******* about it Fin. He was giving you props for your suggestions and telling you that you can puff your chest out and say "told you so" if it plays out that way...in a proud way, not in a sarcastic way.

Im surprised we got halfway thru the first page before anyone mentioned he restructured his contract. It seems that normally works out well for both. Wilson is betting on himself and the fins will try to return the favor to him by giving him his opportunity to prove himself. Besides if we cut him he'd probably be a patriot within 5 minutes

Ahhh then I read it totally wrong. My apologies if so!!

Back
Top Bottom