Will Albert Wilson make the final cut in 2020? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Albert Wilson make the final cut in 2020?

If Hurns ends up as the #3, this will scare me that maybe our receiving unit won't be as good as I expected.

I like Wilson and what he brings to the Miami Dolphins if he's healthy...Ford is at the very least a consistent hard working player that may not be spectacular, but he still gets the job done.

How has he been in team meetings? How has he been interacting with Tua?

Who will be that "security blanked". Parker and Gesicki are going to get a lot of the focus from D so we need an underneath guy. I would be interested to see if they think Brieda can play any slot. Do we really think it can be Hurns?

I don't think we keep BOTH Albert and Jakeem. But whichever is more reliable I think is worth it to keep around.

Parker
Williams
One of Wilson/Grant
2 of Hurns/Jennings/Ford
One of Merritt/Cole

Thats likely your 6

I'm fairly certain Hurns has played more at slot than anywhere else, and has been most productive there.

I think it depends if they see him as a guy they want Tua to grow with(which they should IMO). If they have no intention to start Tua for the better part of next season, I could see them moving on from Wilson as he's not really a good fit with Fitz IMO... Big targets with good 50/50 ball skills is what you really want Fitz to have. If Tua were to start day 1, I wouldnt be surprised if Wilson was close second in targtets behind only Parker for the season when its all said and done.

Ahhh then I read it totally wrong. My apologies if so!!
Crump got what I meant. I liked your prediction, and it wouldn't surprise me too much if you turn out to be 100% correct. No worries about the misunderstanding, I know that happens with online chat from time to time. Cheers!

I cannot imagine that the Dolphins/Wilson would have restructured his contract if there was not serious mutual interest in him remaining here. The Dolphins could have just cut him outright. They didn't.
I do agree the restructured contract certainly increases his chances of sticking around. But if he did get let go, it wouldn't be the first time that happened following a recent contract deal.
What got me thinking about this initially was just looking at the potential upside of some of the younger guys coupled with the injury history of Wilson and Grant. It made me wonder who might get left out when roster cuts come along.

I believe wilson will make team this yr.. it all depend if he ain't hurt.. he is special if u used him right.

Initially with the size of his contract, I didnt think he would make the team. Since the last few games of last season, where he showed flashes of the old Wilson, and him taking a new team friendly deal, I think he remains on roster. For this season anyway. There are some younger hungry guys on the roster just waiting to take his job though.

They paid 4 million to keep. Wilson this year. Wilson and TUA. are a good match. Add Parker and Williams with TUA and his accuracy and instant offense if running game improves.

Back
Top Bottom