Will Allen: I will start at CB for Miami Dolphins next season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Allen: I will start at CB for Miami Dolphins next season

I want him to start along side Davis in 2 cb sets with Sean subbing in for them if they get tired and in 3 or 4 cb sets have Will move inside and Sean and Davis play the outside. Because at this point Will is a better cover corner, better blitzer, and better at playing the run then Sean who looks like he will end up good and is better at interceptions. This way we have better run defence in 2 cb sets and the 2 young guys can both play on the outside in 3 or more cb sets

Well considering Allen is easily our best cover corner, certainly won't disagree with him. Not to mention it's going to bring competition.

The one place on any team where you need a little bit of ****iness is corner. Any quality cb in the nfl believes they can shut down any wr in the league. I would expect Allen to start if he returns, he had proven himself to be a very good no.1 corner for us before he was injured. His return instantly improves our pass coverage. As for Davis and Smith, the better man will win the starting job, just like this season. Neither one of them have made a case to start over the other, so it will come down to who has the better training camp. I love them both, but I love depth a whole lot more. So if they lose a little playing time by Allen coming back, I can accept that.

just hope they dont move one of our second yeard CB's to safety next year. IMO, nothing sets the development of a player back more than making him change positions every other year.

Our secondary was burned all season long, i can't wait for him to be back on the field.

He ain't worried, hasn't been since they drafted both those top corners.. Let will and Sean smith play outside, rotate vontae and allen on the slot/outside.. say good bye to jason allen

IMO we should/will be starting Davis & Smith. Will Allen will be the nickel back which means he will still be playing well over 50% of the snaps. Nickel CB is a very valuable postion and I think he can & will excel at covering the slot receiver. Just my opinion. I think Smith and Davis were both good this year and will only be better next year. But if the coaching staff thinks Will Allen should be starting who am I or we to disagree with them. Go Dolphins!

Thats the attitude CBs should have. It's a healthy competition, if he would have said something opposite, then it would be time for him to go. We do not need players who are content with their role, they should be always challenging the guys in front and behind them. Competition is what makes our team better.

Trade him.

:bobdole: Dude, what Allen basically is saying that "I'm winning the job." That's it. He probably will take Sean Smith's spot and move SMith to NB with Nate Jones likely out a here. Trade him? :err:

Move Vontae to FS in place of Mr. I can't Cover or tackle Gibril Wilson, I think Vontae is a great tackler and is much better in coverage that Wilson. But at the same time I think Allen, and Smith are better cover corners right now!!!

Back
Top Bottom