Will Allen: I will start at CB for Miami Dolphins next season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Allen: I will start at CB for Miami Dolphins next season

IMO we should/will be starting Davis & Smith. Will Allen will be the nickel back which means he will still be playing well over 50% of the snaps. Nickel CB is a very valuable postion and I think he can & will excel at covering the slot receiver. Just my opinion. I think Smith and Davis were both good this year and will only be better next year. But if the coaching staff thinks Will Allen should be starting who am I or we to disagree with them. Go Dolphins!

glue his *** to welker all game long.

will allen was the starter for a reason i would love to see him come back if hes healthy id like to see them battle for it that way whoever wins we know is the best out there

If healthy, Will Allen is more experienced and much better battle tested than both of our rookies. I would want him to start.

As far as I'm concern a ACL takes 12-18 months to become strong..especially at corner back where you have to turn and run and cut on a dime.. I just don't think he'll be able to do that at the beginning of the season, just like Ronnie and this year our WR Cam had to slowly get back into the game..I see the same for Will, maybe pushing for a starting role around the 5-6th game..

this is what i expected. hes our best corner (pre injury) and if hes still on that level than i think he should start. whos #2 is a better question

I like it, but I would sure hope vontae davis and smith are able to beat him out, after all, he is coming off a terrible injury, and even pre-injury, he wasn't that great.

He's a good player to lump in a trade on draft day to move up in the first round. I bet you could give a late pick with him and move up into the top ten picks.

Don't know if he will start but I would be surprised if he is traded.

Our secondary was burned all season long, i can't wait for him to be back on the field.
Lol and he is any better?
Honestly he is the equivalent of Tedd Ginn on the Defensive side of the ball. He's very soft and plays very scarred.
No thanks. At this point I do not even want him playing the Nickel. I am looking for him to be traded or cut.
Chubbs

Let's not forget just how good Will Allen's tenure as a Dolphins can be. I love the fact of having Allen, Davis, and Smith next season

I respect Will Allen as much as I respect Ted Ginns game. Very Little.

While Allen may be talking it up right now, and usually does well during preseason, when the lights come on and the game matters for the most part he plays scarred.

He is not better against the run game then S.S. Lets not even compare him to Vontae against the run.

S.Smith covers up players much better then Will Allen. Vontae is young and takes more risks but IMO will be the better CB.

Will Allen Allows everything to be caught in front of him because he is waaay to scarred that he is going to get burnt. Then barely plays the ball.

IMO, I rather have Vontae and SS Starting with Nate Jones in the Nickel then Will Allen in any of those spots.

If we actually had consistent Pressure and a real Free Safety then Will Allen would be an after thought. I am satisfied with the 3 Young CB's we have starting and the backups we have. 1 more Quality Backup CB and we are set.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom