Will anyone ever break Dan's season TD ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will anyone ever break Dan's season TD ?

Will anyone ever break Dan's season TD ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • not in this century

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Will anyone ever break Dan's season TD NFL record of 48 in 1984 ?

got the idea from HYDE: Nobody is even close to Joe D.

ever is a long time, but w/injuries and adjusting Ds I'll hope that Dan keeps this one 4ever

Well, personally I think if its going to be anone it will be Kurt Warner. He has already came close a couple times and was actually way ahead of pace to reak several of Dan's recorde the year he went down and trent green had to replace him. He's got a couple more years with his receivers, so if the Rams manage to keep Marshall Faulk, Dan's records could be in jeopardy.

Maybe...Someday.

But I doubt I'll live to see it...And I plan on living for quite a while:D

Think about it...a qb would have to average 3 TDs every game just to tie it. Granted you see a few games where a qb will toss 4 maybe even 5, but unless the game is close if a team has a big lead, a team like the Rams would rest Warner and not risk him to injury. So I think Dans record is safe...for now:evil:

Kurt Warner or Daunte Culpepper are the only 2 that have a decent shot. I'm sure i will get blasted by me putting Culpepper name, he does have the BEST WR in the game no matter what anyone says, no matter his attitude. This is all my personal opinion though. BUT it's only going to get tougher for the Rams and Warner, as teams are keying in on their game plan. I wouls also like the add that Mike Martz inherited that team, and get credit forr what DV created.

Originally posted by grooves12
Well, personally I think if its going to be anone it will be Kurt Warner. He has already came close a couple times and was actually way ahead of pace to reak several of Dan's recorde the year he went down and trent green had to replace him. He's got a couple more years with his receivers, so if the Rams manage to keep Marshall Faulk, Dan's records could be in jeopardy.
that's a lot of Ifs ;)

Kurt could break it if M. Fault goes down early in the season, but that's asking a lot since teams then don't have to worry about the running game and just rush the passer. Kurts not moble enough to handle that all season, but he's like Dan with the accuracy and quick release and could come close..But if he has a healthy Fault,,no way..Fault will get his carries and cut down Kurt's TD numbers.

i think cade mcnown will break it with san fran...what a pick up:)

Warner has the best shot of anyone in the next two years. Culpepper also.

As for Dan's career records, there will have to be a super-talented QB who starts almost immediately after college in a pass-happy offense to break Dan's records. And he'll have to play in that pass-happy offense for no less than 15 years at a high level.

"Kurt could break it if M. Fault goes down early in the season, but that's asking a lot since teams then don't have to worry about the running game and just rush the passer. Kurts not moble enough to handle that all season, but he's like Dan with the accuracy and quick release and could come close..But if he has a healthy Fault,,no way..Fault will get his carries and cut down Kurt's TD numbers."

No way the only chance he would have to break it would be if Faulk is healthy. Without Faulk defenses could at least focus just on the pass. Faulk catches almost as many tds as he runs in.

Not to worry

I have a few guys financially squared away to take care of anybody ready to eclipse Dan's record. We are keeping his record safe at least for this generation. I'll see what I can do about the next one.:rocker: Kurt Warner used to be my cousin by marriage and my family still talks to him, so I'll see what I can do about him.:cool:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It will NEVER happen. :):):):):)
at least not until after someone in MLB has a 57 game hitting streak ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think anyone's even come close to the 5000yds mark yet...:confused: I agree with Muck...I do not see anyone getting close to Dans' career records:goof:

Ichiro will do it next season. Ichiro will have a 59 game hitting streak. And after it happens, no one will break Dan's record. ;)

Back
Top Bottom