Will Be Sad To See Surtain Leave | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Be Sad To See Surtain Leave

phin lockeroom

Starter
Reaction score
i don't care wut we get for patrick it will it be sad to see him in another uniform........... i really hope miami could work something out with patrick to maybe cut his contract .... sam did it last year ....... Surtain will still be making alot of money

Nothing is written in stone yet!!! We still need to get a trade partner and unless someone is willing to part with a first day pick (and I still say a second round pick) he should remain on our team.

im beginning to think that pat isn't going to go anywhere. whatever we pay for him, he is well worth the money. surtain and madison are a duo that i would like to see here for a few more years. those guys manage to get the job done 90 percent of the time. both of them are pro bowlers and our secondary is envied by other teams in the league.

i, for one, don't want him to leave and i hope he can get a contract extension in miami. the only way i would ever be satisfied is if we were to get a first rounder and a player in compensation. its not everyday you can find a corner with the capabilities that surtain has.

I think Surtain will go to the Chiefs for the second round pick we seek. I think the Chiefs are just trying to get him for less. I would be surprised if he is a fin after the draft. But if he is, thats ok too.

I would love to see him stay, but if we could get a 2nd rounder we could get someone like Ernest Shazor.....a young, great safety that would be here for a lot more years then Surtain would be here. Surtain is great, but a 2nd rounder is good to, im just looking in favor of the team......if trading Jason Taylor would improve the team somehow I would want them to do it.

Noodleman said:
I think Surtain will go to the Chiefs for the second round pick we seek. I think the Chiefs are just trying to get him for less. I would be surprised if he is a fin after the draft. But if he is, thats ok too.
I hope they don't offer us a 2nd. I don't forsee anyone in the next few years we could get that can perform on the level Surtain does. I think he's one of our top 3 players when healthy and is as good a corner that you'll find. That's just my opinion though.

Phin_Phan said:
I would love to see him stay, but if we could get a 2nd rounder we could get someone like Ernest Shazor.....a young, great safety that would be here for a lot more years then Surtain would be here. Surtain is great, but a 2nd rounder is good to, im just looking in favor of the team......if trading Jason Taylor would improve the team somehow I would want them to do it.
Shazor will be an in the BOX safety an have no real effect on our coverage packages.

Only way Pat leaves is if Rick or Saban goes insane and takes the Chief's 4th rounder. I don't see that happening so it hopefully looks like Surtain'll stay. Then we can franchise him so anyone willing to take him will fork over a nice juicy draft pick to us.

I agree that there is no better cover corner out there
that I have seen. He can shut down anyone and
usually does. Also is not a show boat, just does his job
and is all class.

I know it's about the money so what happens if no one picks
him up and he still wants more than we can pay?
We re-negotiate with him?

Like I said on my other posts Pat has been a consistent playmaker throughout the years. I hope that they can restructure his contract so that we can still see him play in dolphin uni. but if the right offer comes along then I say take it, (no less than a 2nd rounder)

phin lockeroom said:
i don't care wut we get for patrick it will it be sad to see him in another uniform........... i really hope miami could work something out with patrick to maybe cut his contract .... sam did it last year ....... Surtain will still be making alot of money

I'd rather see him leave than pay him 8 mil a year...nobodys worth that...and i mean nobody

Phinnhedd said:
im beginning to think that pat isn't going to go anywhere. whatever we pay for him, he is well worth the money. surtain and madison are a duo that i would like to see here for a few more years. those guys manage to get the job done 90 percent of the time. both of them are pro bowlers and our secondary is envied by other teams in the league.

i, for one, don't want him to leave and i hope he can get a contract extension in miami. the only way i would ever be satisfied is if we were to get a first rounder and a player in compensation. its not everyday you can find a corner with the capabilities that surtain has.

Yes! They are like the Duper & Clayton of the defense!

phin lockeroom said:

You Cant Trade The Truth!!

Back
Top Bottom