Will Boston be a Dolphin or an Eagle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Boston be a Dolphin or an Eagle?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
I don't know why some of you have been saying the Eagles will be so desperate to get a WR if they don't get TO. Let's look at somethin' here........they were cheap b*stards trying to trade a 5th rounders and James Thrash to the 49'ers for TO, so do you think they're gonna offer anything better for a guy like Boston???? Or better yet do you really think Andy Reid would invest in this type of introverted player at all??????

I want the Fins to pull the trigger now so that there is no possibility of anyone getting him, but to think the Eagles are so desperate as to try and trade for Boston is being a bit over-dramatic.

When is he scheduled to be released though?

yes i think they will. They have the cap room to outbid us til the cows come home, and their desperate. He's still a great receiver, he was in his first year in a new system that played musical QB's. Of course he had an "off" year.

We can't sit on this, I'm an open kind of guy, willing to Ride Ricky and Wanny's idea's out. Brunelle and Woddy we shouldn't have gotten, way too much money for them. Tate would ahve been great, but he didn't want to come here, I don't blame them for that either. But if we miss out on DB because they don't want to give our 3rd round pick for a guranteed baller I'll buy both their tickets out of town.

It's not just htat we need a WR, and are willing to over pay for anyone. This is a CHEAP acquisition for a real baller that can make an immediate impact. On top of that he's young, and having him would give us OPTIONS when we draft this year. If we acquire another tackle, and have 2 firsts, we can take the best player available and draft OL in the draft, and not have to worry about WR.

And I don't buy this "the contract is a hold up" crock. If he were to be traded, it would be OBVIOUS that he would have to restructure. He's getting cut anyway, he'll lose his guranteed money down the road, and have to renegotiate a new contract with a team anyway. his coming to miami would ential a renegotiation Boston has to know that, and he wants to play here. It wouldn't be a problem to renegotiate him. Rick is trying to show us that he doesn't "over pay" for players. News flash rick, we NEED another WR, you won't find better one out of the gate for cheaper. Cough up the 3rd round pick and get back to working on the OL. I love the cuts, but don't gamble the future of this franchise.

Originally posted by Graythreat
yes i think they will. They have the cap room to outbid us til the cows come home, and their desperate. He's still a great receiver, he was in his first year in a new system that played musical QB's. Of course he had an "off" year.

We can't sit on this, I'm an open kind of guy, willing to Ride Ricky and Wanny's idea's out. Brunelle and Woddy we shouldn't have gotten, way too much money for them. Tate would ahve been great, but he didn't want to come here, I don't blame them for that either. But if we miss out on DB because they don't want to give our 3rd round pick for a guranteed baller I'll buy both their tickets out of town.

It's not just htat we need a WR, and are willing to over pay for anyone. This is a CHEAP acquisition for a real baller that can make an immediate impact. On top of that he's young, and having him would give us OPTIONS when we draft this year. If we acquire another tackle, and have 2 firsts, we can take the best player available and draft OL in the draft, and not have to worry about WR.

And I don't buy this "the contract is a hold up" crock. If he were to be traded, it would be OBVIOUS that he would have to restructure. He's getting cut anyway, he'll lose his guranteed money down the road, and have to renegotiate a new contract with a team anyway. his coming to miami would ential a renegotiation Boston has to know that, and he wants to play here. It wouldn't be a problem to renegotiate him. Rick is trying to show us that he doesn't "over pay" for players. News flash rick, we NEED another WR, you won't find better one out of the gate for cheaper. Cough up the 3rd round pick and get back to working on the OL. I love the cuts, but don't gamble the future of this franchise.

Bro I hear what you're saying, but where has it been indicated the Eagles are desperate????? I've certainly not read anything about it. How desperate can one team be when they only offer up a 5th rounder and some scrub reciever for the likes of a gamebreaker and modern day football megastar like TO????? Doesn't sound to "desperate" if you ask me. I think alot of yall are just speaking out of the side of the mouth from having seen Woody and Tait yanked from us. Those two players were extremely different situations, not to mention two entirely different kinds of players than Boston. Boston's market ain't that big unless he comes cheap...........and then again when I look around the NFL I don't see too many teams absolutely struggling at WR and NEEDING to go after a gamble like Boston. The Dolphins are one but a very few.

If I'm an NFL analyst and I see a team with a starting pair including Thrash and Pinky... I don't need anymore proof to know that they're desperate for big time receiver help. They have to be. They don't even have a true #2 WR. Freddie Mitchell is probably the only receiver on that team with the talent to succeed in that offense, and that's as a #3 SLOT receiver. I'm sure they love Billy McMullen as a potential #2, but that's it.

Hopefully Reid stays cheap as usual, though.

Originally posted by enigmatics
they were cheap b*stards trying to trade a 5th rounders and James Thrash to the 49'ers for TO, so do you think they're gonna offer anything better for a guy like Boston???? Or better yet do you really think Andy Reid would invest in this type of introverted player at all??????

I don't view Philly as much of a threat to trade for Boston. We're talking about the potential release of Boston, which would be next week. Philly has the money to top whatever we offer, and likely we're not bidding on a receiver with a draft class as deep as April's.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
If I'm an NFL analyst and I see a team with a starting pair including Thrash and Pinky... I don't need anymore proof to know that they're desperate for big time receiver help. They have to be. They don't even have a true #2 WR. Freddie Mitchell is probably the only receiver on that team with the talent to succeed in that offense, and that's as a #3 SLOT receiver. I'm sure they love Billy McMullen as a potential #2, but that's it.

Hopefully Reid stays cheap as usual, though.

They obviously haven't been too desperate all these past years...........c'mon man, theoretically it makes sense, but nothing Andy Reid and the Eagles has made me think that all these years they've been desperate to upgrade their reciever core.

Back
Top Bottom