Will Changing Dynamics Of Miami Dolphins Receivers Be A Jolt For Devante Parker’s Career? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Changing Dynamics Of Miami Dolphins Receivers Be A Jolt For Devante Parker’s Career?

How is Parker the best of the rest umm Stefon Diggs, Jamison Crowder, even Nelson Agholar had a good year last year. Parker is arguably the 4th best WR of his class.

It's funny people talk about how bad Parker was and that Agholar had a good year in 2017. Agholar had five more receptions than Parker while playing a bigger role in the offense as the number two wide receiver and with quarterbacks that were having career years. Parker was the third receiver in Miami and had Jay Cutler. In fact Parker was within eight receptions of Diggs and Crowder too.

I know I'm in the minority, but if Parker doesn't have too many nagging injuries he'll be fine. I expect him to be Miami's top producing receiver know that he's given the opportunity to be that. Before he's always been a role player behind Landry and either behind or on par with Stills.

I'm pessimistic. He seems to be one of those guys with amazing physical skills, but the desire is missing. Not giving up on him though. Wouldn't be the only late-bloomer the NFL has seen.
Bingo. Did doesn’t show the “mental toughness”, “fight” or football intelligence on a consistent basis.

Has Parker had an injury free year yet? I keep thinking that he has never gone through a year without getting dinged up and maybe that is whats keeping him from displaying that 'it' factor over a consistent period.

How is Parker the best of the rest umm Stefon Diggs, Jamison Crowder, even Nelson Agholar had a good year last year. Parker is arguably the 4th best WR of his class.
Agree. Can’t blame the QBs for his lack of football IQ - it’s almost as if the game is too fast for him. He’s slow to react to 50/50 balls, runs the wrong way (east / west) when he just needs a yard on 3rd down, doesn’t fight for the ball as hard as he could w defenders and that HAS led to INTs. It’s less about the QB and more about the lights coming on for him learning how to slow the game down and use his physical gifts.

He's going to go off this year. Just a gut feeling. The chemistry was definitely developing with he and Tannehill before RT went down.

In the last 8 games Parker and Tannehill's chemistry produced

almost 4 catches per game average
43 yards per game average
and 2 tds in 8 games....Good Lord I hope this isn't considered chemistry

It's funny people talk about how bad Parker was and that Agholar had a good year in 2017. Agholar had five more receptions than Parker while playing a bigger role in the offense as the number two wide receiver and with quarterbacks that were having career years. Parker was the third receiver in Miami and had Jay Cutler. In fact Parker was within eight receptions of Diggs and Crowder too.

I know I'm in the minority, but if Parker doesn't have too many nagging injuries he'll be fine. I expect him to be Miami's top producing receiver know that he's given the opportunity to be that. Before he's always been a role player behind Landry and either behind or on par with Stills.

Agholar and Diggs also had 8 TD's last year which is equals to Parkers 3 year total. Parker is the #3 WR because he's not reliable to be anything else I'm sure the Dolphins would love for him to step up and be that #1 WR he was drafted to be.

As far as who played a bigger role in the offense Agholar had 95 targets, Diggs had 95 targets, Crowder had 103 targets, and Parker had 96 Targets so outside of Crowder who had 7 more targets than Parker I don't see anyone who was targeted more than Parker

And lets not pretend like Parker has the market cornered on playing with bad a bad QB he had 1 year of Cutler and 2 years of Tannehill. Diggs has played with 3 different QB's in his 3 seasons.

FH where Davon Godchaux is destined to be the GOAT, and DVP is a bust who has no desire for the game. I got to hand it to some of you, you guys are good... Davon Godchaux good.

Parker either shows up and hits it out of the park or we should move on from the guy. Tannenbaum doesn't have the power to hurt us anymore. Gase is calling the shots so don't worry about MT any more, he's just a portly figure head!

FH where Davon Godchaux is destined to be the GOAT, and DVP is a bust who has no desire for the game. I got to hand it to some of you, you guys are good... Davon Godchaux good.

DVP was drafted #11. Godchaux was drafted #178. It's hardly surprising that the former has a little bit higher expectation on his shoulders.

We've been through this ad infinitum (on this board).

It was terrible draft position and beyond terrible value for a player that Tannebaum somehow got duped on. Three draft picks for a player that sits on the bench and struggles to learn an NFL offense, who is essentially a low-SPARQ, 4.6 WR, who can't make up for it in game intelligence. How is anyone even arguing this at this point?

LD
And p.s. Are you someone making the argument that any team out there was three draft picks high on this player? Plus the overdrafting of where he was taken? C'mon, man.

We've been through this ad infinitum (on this board).

It was terrible draft position and beyond terrible value for a player that Tannebaum somehow got duped on. Three draft picks for a player that sits on the bench and struggles to learn an NFL offense, who is essentially a low-SPARQ, 4.6 WR, who can't make up for it in game intelligence. How is anyone even arguing this at this point?

LD
And p.s. Are you someone making the argument that any team out there was three draft picks high on this player? Plus the overdrafting of where he was taken? C'mon, man.

Let's try this again. Your post included "spending three draft picks for a marginal WR like Carroo that no one was high on, other than Tannenbaum." I asked for proof. You gave none. One more chance. I want proof NO ONE was high on Carroo other than baum. I missed it.

because your facts are wrong you show me when Carroo ran a 4.6 , if you have make **** up to make a point

Last edited:
Hes has to stay healthy or learn to play hurt thats the answer. Talent is there the rest is either a DNA issue or desire. DNA means its in his genes to get hurt more easily than other players.

The bigger question for me is do we keep him after this season regardless of how he plays? Can the Dolphins trust him by giving him a another contract based on the last four years? I say no! Parker's time has pass, I would look to draft his replacement even if he has a monster year. You just can trust this guy to remain healthy, five years is long enough.

Back
Top Bottom