Will Changing Dynamics Of Miami Dolphins Receivers Be A Jolt For Devante Parker’s Career? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Changing Dynamics Of Miami Dolphins Receivers Be A Jolt For Devante Parker’s Career?

The bigger question for me is do we keep him after this season regardless of how he plays? Can the Dolphins trust him by giving him a another contract based on the last four years? I say no! Parker's time has pass, I would look to draft his replacement even if he has a monster year. You just can trust this guy to remain healthy, five years is long enough.

A severely incentive laden contract not just on hitting certain numbers but games played.

A severely incentive laden contract not just on hitting certain numbers but games played.
That's an option for sure, but every dollar spent on one player takes away from another, plus, the Dolphins would be paying him off of potential again......time to move on.

The bigger question for me is do we keep him after this season regardless of how he plays? Can the Dolphins trust him by giving him a another contract based on the last four years? I say no! Parker's time has pass, I would look to draft his replacement even if he has a monster year. You just can trust this guy to remain healthy, five years is long enough.
Agree completely. I feel the same way about Phillips.

If they have good years, and you can keep them for a reasonable price, that's one thing. If they have other teams throwing money around, let them go.

The problem with that is he wouldn't accept such terms, he would be better off getting a fresh start somewhere. There are teams that would pay him like a mid tier receiver. Even if he did take an incentive laden contract, you are probably just wasting another year.

Maybe Ford, or Carol are ready? I realize they are not as physical as Devante.

Agree completely. I feel the same way about Phillips.

If they have good years, and you can keep them for a reasonable price, that's one thing. If they have other teams throwing money around, let them go.

Bingo! No matter how Phillips and Parker perform I can’t trust either with a second contract.

I see real potential for real improvement for players that many on this forum have marginalized for various reasons that mostly come down to ability and commitment. These are certainly important attributes to consider but for me, the most important attribute of all is reliability.

When a team is not evenly balanced between the working groups (offense, defense, offensive line, running game, etc.) a players ability to shine becomes obscured. Some players latch onto the "hero" image by taking plays into their own hands; often at the expense of general play performance. When a team is more evenly balanced, everyone does better. This is "a rising tide lifts all boats" kind of thing.

I see our current team as being better balanced than we were the last two years. If some players don't significantly improve their performance, then other players we have or can acquire will replace them. We have seen this kind of replacement taking place in the last two years. Since we now have reduced or eliminated most of our performance holes and problematic players we are currently much better balanced as a team and we can expect to see the benefits of this balance on game days.

Some of the most important results due to better balance as a team are:

1) The mask of limiting team play has been removed. This allows the identification of some of our more questionable players real capability (ability, commitment and reliability) and wither or not it will be enough improvement for them to be kept on the team.

2) A competitive team in all facets of play calling (offense & defense), play implementation & performance and player replacement due to injury or performance or opportunity (as with the acquisition of Kilgore from San Francisco).

Never was a fan on the Pick. I wanted to trade down. Sorry guys but im like Bill Belichick. You dont produce in 2 years. Your gone. Well Parker had 4 years and i seen nothing but few nice catches , but no signs being elite or really good. I hoping we draft a WR next year. A true #1 with the heart to play this game. Parker plays scared and you can see it. I dont mind him sticking around to be a 3rd WR. But definitely is not what im looking for #1. He wont prove us wrong. Youll get same results. 2 good games a year. Out 3 to 6 weeks a year, and plays mediocre or terrible 5 to 8 games a year. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but i feel this this way

Let's try this again. Your post included "spending three draft picks for a marginal WR like Carroo that no one was high on, other than Tannenbaum." I asked for proof. You gave none. One more chance. I want proof NO ONE was high on Carroo other than baum. I missed it.

1. Go back and read the lengthy discussions of this from last year and the year before. There's some historical proof, which please don't expect me to do all the work finding. I've summarized it well by saying that only TBaum was that high on him.

2. Present proof: IF multiple teams were that high on Carroo, willing to draft that highly and give up that many draft pics, Miami should easily find a trade partner for him now, right? Now that such a highly valued player at draft time has had two years to develop, lol. Should be able to get a second round pick for him, at least. So highly valued by so many teams at draft time, and two years experience now.

Like I said before, "C'mon, man!"

LD
p.s. IF Miami is able to get at least a 6th round draft pick for him, come final roster cuts, I'll admit that you were right.

Agholar and Diggs also had 8 TD's last year which is equals to Parkers 3 year total. Parker is the #3 WR because he's not reliable to be anything else I'm sure the Dolphins would love for him to step up and be that #1 WR he was drafted to be.

As far as who played a bigger role in the offense Agholar had 95 targets, Diggs had 95 targets, Crowder had 103 targets, and Parker had 96 Targets so outside of Crowder who had 7 more targets than Parker I don't see anyone who was targeted more than Parker

And lets not pretend like Parker has the market cornered on playing with bad a bad QB he had 1 year of Cutler and 2 years of Tannehill. Diggs has played with 3 different QB's in his 3 seasons.

So you think Parker was the #3 because of his play and nothing to do with the play of Landry or Stills?

You dont produce in 2 years. Your gone. Well Parker had 4 years and i seen nothing but few nice catches , but no signs being elite or really good. Out 3 to 6 weeks a year, and plays mediocre or terrible 5 to 8 games a year.

He's played three seasons. And he's missed five games total in those three years. Not 3 to 6 a year.....not sure where you got that.

Has Parker had an injury free year yet? I keep thinking that he has never gone through a year without getting dinged up and maybe that is whats keeping him from displaying that 'it' factor over a consistent period.

I think most players get dinged up here and there. Hamstrings, twisted knees, twisted or sprained ankles are common place. As I've said before I'm not as concerned about the 5 games Parker has missed during the three seasons as I am about the 7 or 10 games that he's played with injuries that impacted his effectiveness. I also think it's made sense for the team to lean on a healthier Landry and Stills than try to rely on a hobbled Parker. There are some players hobbled or not there team was going force feed hthem the ball if they were able to play. Parker could easily see 5 or 6 receptions per week this season. I would like to see him getting 120+ targets this season. If he says healty eough for that usage the rest of the number (receptions, yards and tds) will take care of themselves.

So you think Parker was the #3 because of his play and nothing to do with the play of Landry or Stills?

Yes when you draft a WR in the 1st round you expect him to beat out the likes of Stills/Landry who while good complimentary pieces are not someone who Parker couldn't beat out if he ever put it all together.

On talent alone Parker can do what Stills and Landry do but Landry and Stills wouldn't succeed doing each others job.

Yes when you draft a WR in the 1st round you expect him to beat out the likes of Stills/Landry who while good complimentary pieces are not someone who Parker couldn't beat out if he ever put it all together.

On talent alone Parker can do what Stills and Landry do but Landry and Stills wouldn't succeed doing each others job.

I tend to think if the Dolphins didn't have Landry and Stills over the prior seasons and had Parker, Carroo, Ford, Grant and similar types of players Parker would have put up the eye popping numbers some fans look for. The team would not have been better off, but Parker would easily be a 90+ receptions receiver with 1000 yards and 7 or 8 tds per year.

All about his health including nagging injuries and QB play.

FH where Davon Godchaux is destined to be the GOAT, and DVP is a bust who has no desire for the game. I got to hand it to some of you, you guys are good... Davon Godchaux good.
Funny but Parker IS a bust so far. He has played way below his potential.

Back
Top Bottom