Will Dan MArino Ever Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dan MArino Ever Coach?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Will Dan The MAn ever coach an nfl team, i see him taking over a franchise but i doubt it will be MIAMI. Will a prototype Qb actually coach? Would he ruin his image, name? Could it be the reason y Dan quit as Player personnel/G.M cuz he thoght it would'nt work out? Do u think Dan will regret it if we win the super bowl next year and say "That was my chance to win a bowl and i just blew it" or would he go coach our rivals Bills Jets Patriots? What u guys think bout Dan, u think he's coming outta the booth?

Dominizzzzzzzzo

Stars only coach in the NBA. I don't think you're likely to see a player of the stature of Dan Marino coach football (or manage a baseball team).

Dan might eventually leave TV to take a leadership and/or ownership role with a team. That's what I see that might be in his future.

I dont think Marino has the patience to teach. He always seemed to get frustrated when other players or coaches dont see the field the way he sees it and i could see him getting tired of tutoring quick. We all know Dan was a competitor and players like him make better players then coaches because they frequently need to be on that field to showcase their skills rather than show someone else what to do

I'm not sure i could see Dan in any front office really...It would have to be the right situation cuz hes a hands on guy that would want alot of control. I'm not sure theres an organization that would give him full control with no experience.

stan marino said:
I'm not sure i could see Dan in any front office really...It would have to be the right situation cuz hes a hands on guy that would want alot of control. I'm not sure theres an organization that would give him full control with no experience.

That's really a great point, may describe what happened last year (not having the control he wanted), and might be why his future role may be more as part of an ownership group. He'd be a huge name for something like that should Wayne part with the Dolphins or even Dan decide to get involved with either a different sport as owner or as a part owner of an expansion NFL franchise.

Jimmy James said:
That's really a great point, may describe what happened last year (not having the control he wanted), and might be why his future role may be more as part of an ownership group. He'd be a huge name for something like that should Wayne part with the Dolphins or even Dan decide to get involved with either a different sport as owner or as a part owner of an expansion NFL franchise.

Dan has already been a part owner in another sport. A few years ago, Dan and Bill Elliot started a NASCAR team. Jerry Nadeau drove for them in the aqua/orange car # 13.
clear.gif

yankeehillbilly said:
Dan has already been a part owner in another sport. A few years ago, Dan and Bill Elliot started a NASCAR team. Jerry Nadeau drove for them in the aqua/orange car # 13.
clear.gif

Yeah, I remember that well actually. I always liked Awesome Bill and was stoked when they started that team. It's too bad that it didn't work out.

no as head coach, no as quarterback coach, and nothing more than a figure head if he ends up on staff. Why would this family orientated man give up those things most precious to work an 80 hour a week job. His involvment with Childrens Charities, golfing and tv keep him busy enough. Sure wish he could find time to do Boomer in a "cage" match tho....

Back
Top Bottom