Will Detroit pull a 49ers theme against us this weekend? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Detroit pull a 49ers theme against us this weekend?

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
This maybe a little too far fetched considering the circumstances, but you never know.

Last night, the 49ers were so concerned with"Rookie" TE Jeremy Shockey and his play-making ability that Amani Toomer who is normally double teamed had an awesome night: 9 Receptions, 134 Yards. He was pretty much 1 v 1 all night. Until the Second Half.

Now Randy McMichael hasn't been as much of the talk of the NFL for rookies this year like Shockey, BUT he has made his presence be known and teams will watch what he does. He is a playmaker. Let's say Detroit does pay a little bit more attention to McMichael and free up Chambers every now and again. Chambers, who IMO is a better WR than Toomer could have a 10 Receptions 200 yard day with a TD or 2. Like I said above this is a little too far fetched, but it's something to talk about. My Fantasy team could use it. Some of your fantasy teams could use it, and our Dolphins would love it.

Originally posted by chambers84
This maybe a little too far fetched considering the circumstances, but you never know.

Like I said above this is a little too far fetched, but it's something to talk about.

I don't think its far fetched at all. I do think teams will pay more attention to CC until McMichael makes his presence know.

Actually, since there hasn't been much hype about McMichael so far in the pre-season, I expect to see the exact opposite. Chambers will be double-teamed all night, because a big deal has been made about how he will be a major part of the offense. This in turn will allow McMicheal to be freed up and possibly have a very big night.

The only thing I am worried about with McMichael, is it didn't seem to me like Fiedler and him had thei timing down in pre-season, hopefully that will change very soon though.

I can see an upset this weekend. I don't think we will move the ball very well. One missed field goal or a pick returned for 6 could be all the other team needs to win.

My Prediction:
Lions 9
Dolphins 16

People are already discounting the Lions. While I am a Dolphins fan through and through, I'm not naive enough to just think this is a practice game for us.

Everyone looked past New England last year didn't they? We all did. So I'm here to tell you fella's this. Detroit is going to do a lot more then you'll (meaning the nay sayers) give them credit for.

Detroit has a few good players, but I would be worried if we don't win in a blowout.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Detroit has a few good players, but I would be worried if we don't win in a blowout.

If we don't get a blowout... is our season doomed?? NO!!! Do you think the Niner are worried that they didn't blowout the Giants?? NO!! Why, because they are 1-0 and a win is a win no matter how you get it. The Patriots squeaked by in most of their games last season... squeaked by the Steelers in the Championship game... and squeaked by the Rams in the Super Bowl. You think they care... NO!!! A win is a win and they have Super Bowl rings.

The Dolphins just need to do whatever it takes to win, and continue that trend all season long. They can win every game this season by 1 point, and I will be a happy camper.

Originally posted by grooves12

If we don't get a blowout... is our season doomed?? NO!!! Do you think the Niner are worried that they didn't blowout the Giants?? NO!! Why, because they are 1-0 and a win is a win no matter how you get it. The Patriots squeaked by in most of their games last season... squeaked by the Steelers in the Championship game... and squeaked by the Rams in the Super Bowl. You think they care... NO!!! A win is a win and they have Super Bowl rings.

The Dolphins just need to do whatever it takes to win, and continue that trend all season long. They can win every game this season by 1 point, and I will be a happy camper.

New England squeaked by pittsburgh and St. Louis, but those are good teams, not the Lions. So if we win 3-2, you'll be satisfied? Yeah its a win, but if thats how we play imagine what Indy or Green Bay will do to us.

I agree with Grooves, that Chambers is more likely to be double teamed than Randy McMichael. Having said that though, I think that McMichael should get quite a few opportunities off the play action. It is not difficult to guess Detroit's defensive plans. They will almost certainly stack the line of scrimmage, and make Jay beat them. Therefore, one of the major offensive goals of the Lions game is to connect on a couple of deep balls. Until Jay proves that he can hit the deep ball, then teams will not respect the deep game as a weapon. The sooner the long pass is established, the sooner the whole offense can function smoothly, with passes to the TE, FB, and some room for Ricky to run. Play action could be very effective in this game, and I believe that the Lions will bite on it.

Just my 1 1/2 cents.

'Do or do not........there is no try'

I don't care who Detroit focuses on as long as they focus on someone. They will find out as the rest of the NFL that if you focus on one Dolphin someone else will kill you. RW, Mcmichael, Konrad, and CC can make huge plays, and Ward and Gadsen are rock solid targets. So please let them focus on CC, and they will find out real quick how great Norv is as an OC.

So please let them focus on CC, and they will find out real quick how great Norv is as an OC.

Exactly my point Dajesus. However, I think the key to making it all work, is executing the deep ball. Jay doesn't have to make picture perfect deep throws to Chambers, but the simple threat of the long ball needs to be there to loosen up defenses. Against Detroit the Phins should be able to win with a less than perfect game. When they play better teams though, the deep game needs to be a weapon in the Miami arsenal.

Do or do not........There is no try.

This could be a very competitive game. I would love to see us dominate, but I think it may take a game or 3 for the o-line to gel. I believe we will win by 9-14 points, but I wouldn't look for a 35-7 blowout or anything like that. I would however like to see McMahon sacked about 3or4 times in the 1st half and Harrington have to come in and us hit him about 2or3 more times, maybe 3 ints between the 2 of them. I hope Fletcher begins to stand up and be taken notice of. I hope Robert Edwards makes a special play or 2. That would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom