Will Flores have the balls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Flores have the balls

They also have Bowden who played well at the end of last season. So Wilson and Bowden would appear to be able to fill the slot position and if they do draft a WR or Pitts at 6, I just don’t think they will draft another WR.

With Fuller, Parker, the draft pick, Bowden, Williams and Wilson, along with Gesicki. That would be a drastic upgrade over what they had last year.

I think they have too many other needs on the team to draft another WR in this draft if they do take a receiver at 6. If they end up drafting Pitts, I think he would be used more as a WR than a conventional TE and he and Gesicki would be on the field together much of the time.
So we can't draft 2 WR types? Disagree! If there's too many WR's..cut one..like Grant!

Let say we draft Chase, Smith or Waddle. And let say he has an impressive camp and preseason. We know Fuller is suspended for game one. So it will be highly likely the rook starting game one as a boundary wr along with Parker. What if the rookie ball out in game one, say 8 catches, 120 years and 2 TD. Will Flores have the balls to keep the rookie as a starter and keep Fuller on the bench? ( we know Fuller is not a slot, and the rookie is successful at boundary game one )

Remember if we pick Sewell you owe me 1k

If we draft Waddle and everyone is healthy at the trade deadline, don't be surprised if Fuller is traded. Waddle is a Fuller protégé, initially, and then I think Waddle could eventually be the most true Alpha Dog around, moving into his 2nd, 3rd and future years.
However, that 'KR/PR' crap has to stop. It's idiocy to risk any high-round WR pick in the return game when the opportunities to even return the kick are few and far between and 90% less likely to affect a game's outcome than a play from scrimmage.
We have other guys around to field kicks and punts. No F'n way am I risking a Waddle on Punt coverage!
Couldn't have agree more. We don't put a top 10 pick in special team. Have we learned from McMillan.

Let say we draft Chase, Smith or Waddle. And let say he has an impressive camp and preseason.

We know Fuller is suspended for game one. So it will be highly likely the rook starting game one as a boundary wr along with Parker. What if the rookie ball out in game one, say 8 catches, 120 years and 2 TD.

Will Flores have the balls to keep the rookie as a starter and keep Fuller on the bench? ( we know Fuller is not a slot, and the rookie is successful at boundary game one )
Why would Fuller stay on the bench if we draft a WR and he does well? Move Parker to slot and put Fuller in as the Y. We're getting Pitts though.

I expect the rookie and Fuller to eventually be the starting WR’s with Parker as their backup and getting a lot of playing time when they go to a 4 WR formation. I think if he is healthy, Wilson will end up being the slot receiver.
I expect Parker will demand a trade, if he is healthy but not the 'starter'.

If we draft Waddle and everyone is healthy at the trade deadline, don't be surprised if Fuller is traded. Waddle is a Fuller protégé, initially, and then I think Waddle could eventually be the most true Alpha Dog around, moving into his 2nd, 3rd and future years.
However, that 'KR/PR' crap has to stop. It's idiocy to risk any high-round WR pick in the return game when the opportunities to even return the kick are few and far between and 90% less likely to affect a game's outcome than a play from scrimmage.
We have other guys around to field kicks and punts. No F'n way am I risking a Waddle on Punt coverage!
Than you. I keep hearing about his return upside as a huge positive but that's not what I care about w a #6 pick.

We shouldn't be having our (hypothetically) best WR returning kicks regularly. In key situations, sure. Waddle would prob see kick return duty early in his career, but it's much less likely once he becomes your top option. Which is what you're expecting/hoping for with the 6th pick.

Tyreek Hill led the league in punt return yardage his rookie year, but he has 2 total returns of any kind over the past 2 seasons. He could do it better than anyone on their team, but they're smart enough to use Hardman instead.

Returns easily have the highest rate of injury per play. It's the reason they're basically trying to phase out kickoffs. You don't need to have your top option in those situations when a more dispensable speedster could do just fine.

I don’t think a rookie will start as the no 1 in week 1. If the above happens it will be a good problem to have. Will Fuller will see a lot of the field no matter what. Keep in mind he has not put up no 1 WR stats over his career anyway. He’s never had 1000 yards and the most receptions he’s had is 57. So he’s a complimentary piece anyway. One who scores a lot of TDs per touch at that.

If the rookie is showing consistently in practices that he is the better player, yes. But one game won't and shouldn't change anything.

Back
Top Bottom