Will Flores have the balls | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Flores have the balls

well that plus most of the time we'll be in a 3 WR set anyway
Yep...

They'll move around and share responsibilities... but in general we'll have the X receiver who is your bully, the Z receiver who runs a lot of deep routes, and the Y who mostly works inside. It's football 101.

I realize that some posters will immediately get pedantic when they read that and start bringing up exceptions and trying to muddle the basic positions, so I'll say this again... these are the BASIC responsibilities and players do move around in order to create confusion, but in the long run... players have areas in which they excel, and placing a player in his best position for success is the responsibility of the coach and o.c.

Parker is the X, Fuller is the Y, Williams backs up both. Our slot is the position in question, and as much as I believe that Chase is a full tier above Smith and Waddle, he's an X.

...and this is why I'm not keen on a WR at 1a, and I won't warm to the idea.

Why would Fuller stay on the bench if we draft a WR and he does well? Move Parker to slot and put Fuller in as the Y. We're getting Pitts though.
Parker is not a slot. People often think you can move player around like video game. Like LT to RT, weak side safety to slot db. Its different skill set.

I like turtles.
I can't imagine anyone that has watched how Flo does things can wonder if he's going to start the best player, regardless of if he's a rookie or not.
We started several rookies last season. We benched our Goldenboy rookie QB last season more than once because we thought the next guy up would give us a better chance to win.

well that plus most of the time we'll be in a 3 WR set anyway
You are right. Not arguing that.
However football players, whether veterans or rookies view 'starter' as status symbol. And the base set, that is first play of the game, is still a two wr set. That means our wr corps will fighting for two starter spots.

A new angle, say the rookie ball out game one. So game two, will Flo start Fuller and the rook, and put Parker as the third man in the rotation?

You are right. Not arguing that.
However football players, whether veterans or rookies view 'starter' as status symbol. And the base set, that is first play of the game, is still a two wr set. That means our wr corps will fighting for two starter spots.
I guess it'll depends on what type of offense we run but just like most teams are on nickel and dime on defense like 60 to 70% of the time, the offense is as well

The man had no problem benching our "franchise QB" late in games.

I highly doubt he would worry about sitting Fuller or any starter

Parker would kill it in the slot. Go watch some games. I promise man.
Parker is not a top flight NFL wr. He is an above average NFL starting wr in his natural position, which is boundary. What make you think he would 'kill' it in a new position?

Parker is not a top flight NFL wr. He is an above average NFL starting wr in his natural position, which is boundary. What make you think he would 'kill' it in a new position?
I don't know if Parker would kill it out of the slot, but he did get 245 reps from the slot position this year, which was about 200 less than Giesicki. Parker however absolutely does have the skill set to play from the slot it truly depends on the coverage he's facing. Flores's stance at slot receiver is that it's more about an area on the field rather than a position itself. They absolutely were considering using Parker more last year out of the slot until the injury bug hit him.

I don't know if Parker would kill it out of the slot, but he did get 245 reps from the slot position this year, which was about 200 less than Giesicki. Parker however absolutely does have the skill set to play from the slot it truly depends on the coverage he's facing. Flores's stance at slot receiver is that it's more about an area on the field rather than a position itself. They absolutely were considering using Parker more last year out of the slot until the injury bug hit him.
For slot, i trust Wilson way more than Parker. Wilson has better speed and a more natural position for him. Parker is more about out jump defender and winning 50 50 ball, not a primary skill set for slot.

Back
Top Bottom