Will Fuller... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Fuller...

deepsouth_46

Scout Team
Reaction score
The title may mislead, but I have been trying to think through a good comparison for Smith. I admit I have my doubts based on his frame, but I finally realized that I am fine with Fuller. Looking through his metrics I realized he is almost a perfect match for Smith as far as body type goes. If we are good with Fuller, I think I should be good with Smith too. I still have my doubts, but at least I finally have thought of a guy that makes me more comfortable.

If Fuller doesn’t play a down he’s earned every penny of his 2021 salary/bonus for helping us attain the third selection.

He’s a good player, maybe not as fluid as Devonta Smith, but who is?

Ever since getting Fuller I started to lean heavier towards Pitts and then Chase. Post trade down I’ve really cemented my preference as those two, in that order, and then Sewell, who was my preferred selection the last 6 months.

Smith or Waddle I’d prefer to trade up from 18 to acquire if I need to, ie, I took Sewell at 6.

The Fuller signing and subsequent trade down with SF/Philly has put us in a much stronger long term position.

We are literally talking about the same group of players at 6 that we were talking about at 3 (for those who still can’t comprehend the Philly deal).

I wonder which site Chris Grier prefers to do his draft simulations on?

Last edited:
The title may mislead, but I have been trying to think through a good comparison for Smith. I admit I have my doubts based on his frame, but I finally realized that I am fine with Fuller. Looking through his metrics I realized he is almost a perfect match for Smith as far as body type goes. If we are good with Fuller, I think I should be good with Smith too. I still have my doubts, but at least I finally have thought of a guy that makes me more comfortable.

I'm not much on size although Smith's lack of size concerns me. I'll do it this way. 2 classes of receivers (yes, I'm oversimplifiying.) If Miami can get, Fuller, Wilson, and, Waddle (example only, I have no preference) as one type and Gesicki, DVP, Williams in the other group, I'd be fine with that. Need the big jump ball/RZ guys, but also need the quick twitchy guys to get separation. And more than one of both.

It’s not about style. My one concern was his size. I was just saying that I had a little more comfort with him after thinking through it. I’m still a Pitts guy, I’m just less concerned with Smiths size than I was. It’s all about rationalization. I was just saying that for everyone happy with getting Fuller, we can’t then bag on smith over his size.

Yeah I was thinking TY Hilton at first but all those guys are 185+. Fuller is 170.

If Fuller doesn’t play a down he’s earned every penny of his 2021 salary/bonus for helping us attain the third selection.

He’s a good player, maybe not as fluid as Devonta Smith, but who is?

Ever since getting Fuller I started to lean heavier towards Pitts and then Chase. Post trade down I’ve really cemented my preference as those two, in that order, and then Sewell, who was my preferred selection the last 6 months.

Smith or Waddle I’d prefer to trade up from 18 to acquire if I need to, ie, I took Sewell at 6.

The Fuller signing and subsequent trade down with SF/Philly has put us in a much stronger long term position.

We are literally talking about the same group of players at 6 that we were talking about at 3 (for those who still can’t comprehend the Philly deal).

I wonder which site Chris Grier prefers to do his draft simulations on?

The only flaw in this is going with the assumption that Fuller will play the majority of the season without injury.
Honestly, I think you have to operate as if you don't have him and build your team accordingly.

Same thing with Parker and Williams and Grant. I'm going to draft as if those guys will miss time in 2021 and i want to set my team up not to miss a beat WHEN they get hurt and aren't available. We've seen that movie too many times before.

Last edited:
Wasn’t a fan of Fuller coming out, his numbers tell I was wrong, look forward to watching him play.

I’m happy we added a playmaker like Fuller but didn’t realize he was just 172 pounds, nor did I realize his best season was 53 catches and 879 yards last year. For some reason I thought he was a 1,000 yard guy multiple times over. So, we still need the “great” no 1 receiver - hopefully that’s what pick 1a is. Or the TE.

I’m happy we added a playmaker like Fuller but didn’t realize he was just 172 pounds, nor did I realize his best season was 53 catches and 879 yards last year. For some reason I thought he was a 1,000 yard guy multiple times over. So, we still need the “great” no 1 receiver - hopefully that’s what pick 1a is. Or the TE.

I trust this better than Wikipedia.

184lbs

Will Fuller has been listed anywhere from 172-190 lbs throughout his career. Chad Johnson stated that he played at 170 lbs when he was reaching his 6 pro bowls. Anthony Carter was reportedly 168 lbs during his 3 pro bowls. Reality is that many players, especially WRs, weighed less than their listed weights (interestingly, OL often weigh more than their listed weight).

Back
Top Bottom