Will Fuller... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Fuller...

If Fuller doesn’t play a down he’s earned every penny of his 2021 salary/bonus for helping us attain the third selection.

He’s a good player, maybe not as fluid as Devonta Smith, but who is?

Ever since getting Fuller I started to lean heavier towards Pitts and then Chase. Post trade down I’ve really cemented my preference as those two, in that order, and then Sewell, who was my preferred selection the last 6 months.

Smith or Waddle I’d prefer to trade up from 18 to acquire if I need to, ie, I took Sewell at 6.

The Fuller signing and subsequent trade down with SF/Philly has put us in a much stronger long term position.

We are literally talking about the same group of players at 6 that we were talking about at 3 (for those who still can’t comprehend the Philly deal).

I wonder which site Chris Grier prefers to do his draft simulations on?
I agree except I do not want to trade up from 18. There are a lot of WRs.

Will Fuller has been listed anywhere from 172-190 lbs throughout his career. Chad Johnson stated that he played at 170 lbs when he was reaching his 6 pro bowls. Anthony Carter was reportedly 168 lbs during his 3 pro bowls. Reality is that many players, especially WRs, weighed less than their listed weights (interestingly, OL often weigh more than their listed weight).

I'd venture a lot of height & Weight stats are embellished.

Case in point, Paye at UM's pro day. He was listed at 6'4" but came in at slightly over 6'2"

I'd venture a lot of height & Weight stats are embellished.

Case in point, Paye at UM's pro day. He was listed at 6'4" but came in at slightly over 6'2"
Height is always wrong...always seemingly a little shorter than they claim to be (mostly)...not always weight but I am sure weight fluctuates quite a bit during a season/career!

Fuller, Parker, Williams and Wilson is a very nice quartet of WRs, Also Gesicky, Shaheen, Smythe and Carter is a solid group of TE´s with different qualities, having Pitts or Chase will set the particular position for years.

I’ll say I don’t see many similarities between Fuller and Smith. Smith is a great route runner, and probably has better hands. Marvin Harrison is a better comparison.

Who cares? Smith is SIX FOOT ONE INCH..170lbs soaking wet..Desean is 3 inches shorter and weighs more..

By a height/weight ration, Smith is the most dense WR that there will be next year in the NFL..It is something..will it ultimately matter???..the jury is still out.

Man, if Will Fuller could finally buck the injury bug, we’d have a huge signing on our hands. I guess the bright side- if you want to call it that was that Fuller didn’t miss games to injury last year due to the suspension. If he can produce at or near his regular production, and stay healthy all season, we could see close to 1300 yards with around 10-12 TDs. Not only would the numbers from a healthy Fuller be nice, but having that guy out there who can take the top off the Defense on any given play would be so HUGE in creating underneath space for rest of the Offense and Tua.

Gesecki has turned into a damn fine receiving TE, and he’s done so without Safeties having to worry about what’s going on behind them. Now imagine Gesecki running a seam route with a LB 1-on-1 while Safety help is downfield chasing Fuller. A healthy Fuller does SO MUCH to change the Offensive dynamic for this team, but that’s the key- A HEALTHY Fuller. Dude signed a 1-year “Prove It” deal, so he’s betting he can stay healthy, and I hope he’s right.

If Miami does what we all assume and drafts one of Pitts/Smith/Chase/Waddle with that first pick, and then follows that up with a 2nd round RB, the Offense is going to open up for Tua very quickly and just like that, a lot of folks that were willing to give up on him after year 1 are gonna be sitting there with egg on their face.

Cant wait to see it.

Man, if Will Fuller could finally buck the injury bug, we’d have a huge signing on our hands. I guess the bright side- if you want to call it that was that Fuller didn’t miss games to injury last year due to the suspension. If he can produce at or near his regular production, and stay healthy all season, we could see close to 1300 yards with around 10-12 TDs. Not only would the numbers from a healthy Fuller be nice, but having that guy out there who can take the top off the Defense on any given play would be so HUGE in creating underneath space for rest of the Offense and Tua.

Gesecki has turned into a damn fine receiving TE, and he’s done so without Safeties having to worry about what’s going on behind them. Now imagine Gesecki running a seam route with a LB 1-on-1 while Safety help is downfield chasing Fuller. A healthy Fuller does SO MUCH to change the Offensive dynamic for this team, but that’s the key- A HEALTHY Fuller. Dude signed a 1-year “Prove It” deal, so he’s betting he can stay healthy, and I hope he’s right.

If Miami does what we all assume and drafts one of Pitts/Smith/Chase/Waddle with that first pick, and then follows that up with a 2nd round RB, the Offense is going to open up for Tua very quickly and just like that, a lot of folks that were willing to give up on him after year 1 are gonna be sitting there with egg on their face.

Cant wait to see it.
Fuller was on pace for 1,279 with Watson. Don't see him matching that with Tua. We are all hoping Tua makes a huge jump next year, but Watson led the league in passing yards.

Just being realistic

Yeah I was thinking TY Hilton at first but all those guys are 185+. Fuller is 170.
Will Fuller does not weigh 170. He weighs closer to 185.

If he did weigh 170, there would be zero chance we would draft Smith and have 2 starting WRs that weighed less than 175.

IF Fuller has a 1000 yd season with Tua we are paying the man, because he is a stud.

Back
Top Bottom