Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year?

Ive Been real hard on Gesicki, didn’t want anything to do with him coming out of penn state, thought he was a complete abomination as a blocker, “ worst I ever seen at the position” is what I said, thought he would be a tell every time he walked on the field, and didn’t think he could separate from NFL corners, and I hate one dimensional players, the tight end I lobbied for was Marc Andrews, who turned out what I thought he could be..all that being said, Gesicki reached a level that I didn’t think he would, so he’s proven me wrong already, looks like his arrow is pointing up and there’s more upside to reach as a receiver..

I won’t, don’t, never have considered him a tight end, to me he’s a big long flex receiver that can use his jumping ability to be attractive to the qb..I do think there is a zone, an area of space that ONLY he can get to, so if the qb knows how to be accurate and find that zone, to me that and his very sticky hands is the upside he presents..

I hope he continues to prove his critics like me wrong..He‘s likeable, a true blood dolphin, and plays with passion, just don’t put the kid inline, like that ****ing moron in New York did.

at t
You are to be commended for changing your mind... and admitting it.

There are a couple dozen posters here that are just unable to do that.

On to the TE analysis... there have been a number of TEs over the years who were slammed for being more of a tall receiver than a true TE.

Gonzo was one of them. I remember being in one FFL that actually categorized him as a WR. I know... I had him and I hit the roof.

This is another one of those things that are changing with the advent of a passing league.

Actually you are correct. With all the players who opt out of playing in the game or many pro bowlers who can’t play because they play in the SB the following week. Some players who finish 5th or 6th in the voting eventually get selected to play in the game.

Now someone is considered a pro bowl player even though he only played in the game because the players voted into the pro bowl don’t play in the game for one reason or another. So being considered a pro bowl
player today isn’t what is once was. There was a time when players selected to the pro bowl team actually showed up to play because they wanted and needed the extra money they received for playing in the game. With all the money players receive today, it is easy for most of them to skip playing in the game.
My point as OP was on him being named a Pro Bowler so to me that means he's a top 5 TE. Not delegated the 8th backup.

You’re asking how a bunch of uneducated dipshits are going to rate a guy they don’t know much about compared to a bunch of other guys they don’t know much about, based on how they perform in a season that hasn’t started yet.

This whole thing of getting voted to a joke exhibition game being a marker of quality is silly.

TEs typically don’t breakout until their 3rd or 4th seasons. I looked at stats for Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, and George Kittle. Ertz and Kelce both had significant upticks in production in year 3 and Kittle had his in his second season. With that being said all 3 of those guys showed more production and potential than Gesicki early on but those guys are the cream of the crop. Gesicki has the athletic profile of an elite TE, he will never be as physical or complete of a TE like a Kittle or Gronk, his ceiling will be more of a Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Zach Ertz type big slot. I think Gesicki taking that next big leap is the key for our passing offense. Look at the teams who have been winning super bowls recently they all have had a mismatch nightmare Te

You’re asking how a bunch of uneducated dipshits are going to rate a guy they don’t know much about compared to a bunch of other guys they don’t know much about, based on how they perform in a season that hasn’t started yet.

This whole thing of getting voted to a joke exhibition game being a marker of quality is silly.
Well then Meat what would you like to discuss my friend? I mean here we are on a Dolphins fan site in June.....

He is more of a Graham type TE, so what will make or break his season is how often he is used in the slot in Gailey’s offense ....

To a certain extent, all of our best options are long ball options.

Albert Wilson (and maybe Hurns) are the only real slot/short pass options on the roster (not counting RB's). Everybody wants Grant to be one but he is an outside WR.

Kelce is money on 3rd and 4 in a way Gesicki can never be.

We need to add a "move the chains" guy like we used to have in Landry.

He's sure to get his fair share of targets with Fitz based on last year's stretch...with Preston coming back, that's quite a few big dudes out wide.

Back
Top Bottom