Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Good micro article. It's not mentioned often but Gailey's offense has rarely had a good TE as such, the TEs are not often featured in his offense because they have to talent of Lenny and Squiggy in a tap dance showdown. However, Tony Gonzalez did put up over 1K yds and 10 Tds for Gailey in one year.

Gesicki is absurdly talented. Runs a 4/54 40, has a 41 inch vertical and a 10 foot broad jump. He needs to learn to block but in terms of being a receiving TE, we saw what he could do in the back half of last year.

I think this is MG's break out year.

You?

A majority of players enter the combine and exit with the numbers that give the impression they would be a match-up nightmare, an all-star. However, these statistics do not account for the raw grit and mental fortitude necessary to take advantage of those sweet skills. I've seen him pushed around by CB's, fall over his own feet, and fail to take advantage of those god given abilities time and time again. He could do it, but the proverbial lightbulb has to ignite within.

I think he can do it. After watching Devante Parker develop after so many years, I am convinced players need a few years to start showing their true talents.

If Gesicki can make the same amount of progress he did last year this year, he could make the probowl.

I think he can do it. After watching Devante Parker develop after so many years, I am convinced players need a few years to start showing their true talents.

If Gesicki can make the same amount of progress he did last year this year, he could make the probowl.

People see the raw talent amaze fans from game 1 and think ALL rookies should be stars or they're a bust.

If he does want to be a pro bowler this year he's gonna have to outdo guys like mark Andrews by a lot in order to best the bias. If Andrews catches 60 for 700 yards and 7 TD's he's gonna have to get 75, 900 and 9 TD's to even be considered seriously.

The offense in Kansas City was built around the running game and Gonzalez when Gailey was the OC. Gonzalez was one of the best TE’s in NFL history so it made complete sense that he would be a major part of their offense.
Overall though, Gailey does not have a history of utilizing the TE as a major factor in his offensive scheme. They are used to block in the running game and are an afterthought in the passing game. Gesicki
obviously is not going to be a TE who‘s strength is blocking for the running game.
Perhaps because he is more talented as a receiver than a blocker, Gailey will design plays for him that will
see him spread out instead of lining up next to the tackle all the time.

I think Gesicki will probably have more receptions than most of the TE’s in Gailey’s offensives in the past but I don’t see him having the type of year that will lead to the pro bowl.

Its possible if he sees enough balls thrown his way. Beyond Kelce there aren't a whole lot of great TEs in the AFC although Waller did put up some crazy numbers last year. I do have a hard time seeing him getting too many opportunities until hes able to run something other than a go route.

Could he? Sure. Will he? Maybe, maybe not.

The AFC doesn't have Gronk anymore(for a year+) but has guys like Kelce, Andrews, Waller, Henry(if ever healthy) and now Hooper.

So, it's not a cake walk to make the probowl in the AFC for that spot.

He did click with Fitz to end the year, so if he gets the targets, I could see him in the discussion.

Not a chance. I believe he'll have a good season but not a pro bowl season.

I doubt the Pro Bowl. Just hoping he gets a glimpse of his potential. If he does realize how he can positively affect the game, and works to really do it, he could be a pro bowler in the future. Not next year.

It sure looked like he started to figure out how the DB's and LB's were going to play him, especially off the line. IMO that was a big problem his rookie year, being re- routed and not being where he was supposed to be on time. He's probably not 'complete' enough to be a Pro Bowler, but I look for more improvement.

It usually takes to years to knock out the guys who make the pro bowl on name recognition even if you’re better. With that said, I say no.

I'd like to just see him improve on what he did last season. If that means a Pro-Bowl nod then hats off to him, but genuinely just get better and help the team win. That's all I can hope for outside of staying healthy and that goes for our whole roster.

Back
Top Bottom