Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gesicki Be A Pro Bowl TE This Year?

I think that he has a very good chance to make it this year... if DVP and Preston remain healthy.

Why?

He will be single covered all year, almost every down. He is a major mismatch in coverage and will see a LOT of seam routes.

Slot corners just are not big enough to cover him and if you hang a safety on him our tall WRs will kill.

I'm hoping he lines up outside 80% of the time.

I think that he has a very good chance to make it this year... if DVP and Preston remain healthy.

Why?

He will be single covered all year, almost every down. He is a major mismatch in coverage and will see a LOT of seam routes.

Slot corners just are not big enough to cover him and if you hang a safety on him our tall WRs will kill.

I'm hoping he lines up outside 80% of the time.
Great Analysis and Observation.

I could be a Pro bowl TE this season. Not holding my breath about me or Mike making it though. Especially if Tua isn't starting

But who knows, maybe he steps up and becomes a complete TE

Last edited:
I could be a Pro bowl TE this season. Not holding my breath about me or Mike making it though. Especially if Tua isn't starting

But who knows, maybe he steps up and becomes a complete TE

Would you say you have the same odds of making the probowl as MG?

I do agree that the possible uncertainty at QB this season regards Fitz or Tua and the bedding in of a new OL may slow his development. Agree with others he certainly started to show good signs over the second half of last season, but yes a pro bowl berth in the future is a possibility.

I don’t think there is much more developing for Gesicki. All players can improve on their craft regardless of age.

He figured it out. Just has to be consistent at this point. I do see a hunger in him to be elite and not just a guy who played in the league for awhile and made bank. Kid loves to compete.

I used to care about my guys making the pro bowl as if it was some kind of benchmark. It was, it’s not as much anymore.

BTW - I think Gesicki's an excellent value backup TE in fantasy football. People who don't follow the Dolphins have little idea of his potential upside. Value... Value... Value...
Drafted him in my dynasty league 2 years ago and he was a pleasant surprise this past season. Not an every week start yet.... Great bye week fill or better match up play. Value value value is correct.

I remember reading a story that Gesicki called his TE coach at Penn State during his first year with the Dolphins because he was frustrated with the coaching he was getting with the Dolphins. He felt that he wasn’t getting the coaching that would help him develop in the NFL.

Of course that was under a Gase and he had hired Shane Day to be the TE coach in 2016. Day had never been a TE coach prior to coming to Miami and the TE position was not a position that stood out in a positive way during his three years in Miami as the TE coach.

Perhaps Gesicki showed vast improvement last year because he was better able to adjust to the NFL but I imagine better coaching certainly contributed to his play last year.

In the modern NFL, you can be the 9th alternate and still enjoy the title of Pro Bowler.

In the modern NFL, you can be the 9th alternate and still enjoy the title of Pro Bowler.
Actually you are correct. With all the players who opt out of playing in the game or many pro bowlers who can’t play because they play in the SB the following week. Some players who finish 5th or 6th in the voting eventually get selected to play in the game.

Now someone is considered a pro bowl player even though he only played in the game because the players voted into the pro bowl don’t play in the game for one reason or another. So being considered a pro bowl
player today isn’t what is once was. There was a time when players selected to the pro bowl team actually showed up to play because they wanted and needed the extra money they received for playing in the game. With all the money players receive today, it is easy for most of them to skip playing in the game.

Yeah i do and I put my money where my mouth is too View attachment 49568
[/QUOTED]
This is all too true... There are quite a few players who go to Hawaii who are only marginal players, but they are filling in for better players who were either injured or just not interested in going.

It gets even worse in here when some fan comes in and confuses the words 'All-Pro', with 'played in the pro-bowl'.

Generally... it is the same guy who screams a lot... yelling that this player is 'garbage' or that player should be STARTING RIGHT NOW....

I just shake my head and wish they were Jets fans instead.

Dude is a special athlete.

Dude is smart.

Dide is super hardworking.

Dedicated.

Focused.

Yeah.

He sucks!

:lol:

Ive Been real hard on Gesicki, didn’t want anything to do with him coming out of penn state, thought he was a complete abomination as a blocker, “ worst I ever seen at the position” is what I said, thought he would be a tell every time he walked on the field, and didn’t think he could separate from NFL corners, and I hate one dimensional players, the tight end I lobbied for was Marc Andrews, who turned out what I thought he could be..all that being said, Gesicki reached a level that I didn’t think he would, so he’s proven me wrong already, looks like his arrow is pointing up and there’s more upside to reach as a receiver..

I won’t, don’t, never have considered him a tight end, to me he’s a big long flex receiver that can use his jumping ability to be attractive to the qb..I do think there is a zone, an area of space that ONLY he can get to, so if the qb knows how to be accurate and find that zone, to me that and his very sticky hands is the upside he presents..

I hope he continues to prove his critics like me wrong..He‘s likeable, a true blood dolphin, and plays with passion, just don’t put the kid inline, like that ****ing moron in New York did.

at t

I'd rather have a system te who's good for the clutch 3rd down reception than a glorified wr racking up 5 or 6 catches per game for 60 yards... and no tds

It’s not a coincidence that Gesicki’s rise in production almost exactly paralleled Parker’s explosion. I think anyone with a brain can now recognize that this team never intended to tank as much as they realized it was a “free pass” season and wanted to start with a clean slate. Something that no ones really done in recent memory where so many draft picks were acquired in exchange for veteran talent.

The week one roster wasn’t nearly as bad as it appeared but at the time they simply had no continuity, anywhere. It didn’t help starting with Baltimore and NE. There were signs against Dallas that we were improving.

As the season progressed though, it became clearer that we weren’t the worst roster in the NFL (see the Jets, Redskins or Bengals). Brian Flores had a major impact on these guys. Adam Gase, Joe Philbin and Cam Cameron all go 0-16 with that team while trying to win. Sparano wins 2-3 games, guys loved him, RIP. Shula goes 11-5 RIP. Jimmy Johnson would’ve made sure he got Joe Burrow and likely waits until the No.1 pick is secured then wins 2 or 3 games in a row to end the season.

Nick Saban quits after 2 games, FU dude. Just had to throw that in there.

47 freaking years.

Gesicki and Parker will play a huge role in ending the drought. I hope these guys never play in a pro bowl because they have more important commitments that weekend.

I think he can get us around 700 yards and 7 TD's. Those are solid, top 10 receiving numbers for a tight end.

Regarding the pro bowl, I don't care. I just want to see progress.

But I do suspect our weapons will be getting more attention among fans and the press once they become Tua's toys.

Back
Top Bottom