Will Grier Vs. Drew Locke

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by illscriptures, Oct 10, 2018.

1. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

These guys look like 2 of the best QB's in the draft but who is better? Do you guys think anyone else is better than these 2?

Herbert seems overhyped, and his film doesn't jump out to me.

Locke and Grier look like the gunslinger types and I would love to see someone who could throw like that here. Watch them both control the pocket, they look better than RT17 already.

2. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Both will be in the conversation all year if Tanny doesn't improve

3. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Drew Locke needs alot of work. All he has is a nice deep ball. Not much else

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I think Lock wants to have dead feet. He shuffles them around a little bit this year as opposed to last year but he's not absorbed real pocket or foot movement.

His accuracy is alright, but it's nothing special. He's got a low career completion percentage, having mostly played in an offense that should have given him a completion bonus. He stuck around because he wanted to play in Derek Dooley's offense which is fit to him, and yet he's had trouble absorbing it and really showing an understanding.

When I see him play, I see a guy that doesn't get the football out quickly, which means he's not developing a good plan pre-snap. I see a guy that doesn't anticipate and is often late. These are all part of the reason he doesn't get a high completion. He's pretty spotty when it comes to showing great touch, too.

The arm is very good, clearly. It's a pro caliber arm all the way. And he's got a good body, good enough athletic ability. He looks like a pro. I saw Slimm compare him to Bryce Petty and I think that's a very smart comparison.

illscriptures likes this.
  5. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Both are a little sketchy to me.

Lock is 7-20 against SEC competition with a 49% completion percentage and 27 INT's. He's being overrated due to his arm strength being upper echelon for the NFL. Certainly not a 1st round quarterback in my opinion.

illscriptures and j-off-her-doll like this.
  6. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Locke is just not very interesting to me.

Grier does some things very well, but he's older (will be 24 in April), and I think his arm falls short of what you want - more of a Ryan Fitzpatrick than a quality starter.

7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

I don't like Locke at all. Grier is interesting to me. He turns the ball over, but I like his feet and I his want to make big plays.

8. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

Justin Herbert

9. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Other than Herbert, which seem like a consensus first QB taken at this point, which could easily change from here til then of course, what other QB's are better that are coming out this year?

I personally don't see what everyone sees in Herbert other than his size. He is good, but are his meaurables skewing things to make him seem like the best prospect?

Furthermore, do you think any of the deficiencies that either of them have(Grier and Lock) could be coached to improve substantially at the next level?

10. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

Locke is a chad Henne type talent to me.