Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ?

C'mon Mr. Faulk, where is Marshall jr?
Nm, that ship has sailed

Last edited:
While Robinson was certainly an excellent RB for the Jags. The best rookie RB in 2020 was Johnathan Taylor. He averaged over 5 yards per carry and scored 11 tds.

Obviously getting an UDFA running back who put up the stats Robinson did last year was great for the Jags. I think Taylor will be the much better RB over the course of their careers and I still wish the Dolphins had drafted Taylor instead of Iggy in the first round last year.
Im a bit worried about How Chris Grier evaluates the running back position.

Interested in players who look washed up imo..Le’Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Jordan Howard.

Signing of Matt Breida..

Passing on the position last year when some of us thought Jon Taylor was the right pick.

He nailed it on Myles Gaskin though..good player.

There’s a lot not to trust..Let’s hope he gets it right.

I need to get this off my chest as it is nagging TF out me;
When I first came to this forum the main consensus was "we need Sewell at #3".
Fast forward to now and Alakazam, Alakazee! Sewell has magically transmorphed into over-rated trash.
As someone that stays well-rooted in rational logic; this forum seems more like a Pitchfork toting mob that goes from house to house burning and razing, with wild-eyes and chins dripping with spittle.
I think a study should be conducted into the easy manipulation of mankind.
Let's be frank, Sewell was projected day 1 to go #2 overall to The Jets but randomly he is now trash at #6 cause ole Billy Bobby read how awesome Smith is in a thread written by Goober McStinkheimer, Wal-Mart janitor extraordanaire.
It's quite comical.
Yeah I don’t think that’s fair at all..

I peruse other teams fan sites, dolphin fans on this site are more active and more involved then any other team out there..it’s not close..

what your saying happens everywhere, its not just dolphins fans who change their mind during draft season..there are a lot of smart people on this board, some real funny ones, and some great football minds, I choose to acknowledge those instead of maybe a few who are actually doing what you say..

Im a bit worried about How Chris Grier evaluates the running back position.

Interested in players who look washed up imo..Le’Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Jordan Howard.

Signing of Matt Breida..

Passing on the position last year when some of us thought Jon Taylor was the right pick.

He nailed it on Myles Gaskin though..good player.

There’s a lot not to trust..Let’s hope he gets it right.
I'm not sure it's a matter of how he evaluates the position, as it is how he (and by extension Flo) values the position.

If Flo is inclined to embrace his Patriot roots, he likely believes in the committee approach, with a few backs that have different skillsets, rather than the quickly becoming outdated "bellcow" line of thinking.

No doubt, Howard was a poor signing. Brieda? Meh, he was an afterthought. The good thing is, we didn't invest long term in either.

As to not drafting a guy last year, I think it was not part of the general rebuild plan to do that. Had one slipped to the point it was a great value, they may have jumped on it, but it wasn't a priority ahead of the O-line.

I actually think it was the correct path in that context.

I'm not sure it's a matter of how he evaluates the position, as it is how he (and by extension Flo) values the position.

If Flo is inclined to embrace his Patriot roots, he likely believes in the committee approach, with a few backs that have different skillsets, rather than the quickly becoming outdated "bellcow" line of thinking.

No doubt, Howard was a poor signing. Brieda? Meh, he was an afterthought. The good thing is, we didn't invest long term in either.

As to not drafting a guy last year, I think it was not part of the general rebuild plan to do that. Had one slipped to the point it was a great value, they may have jumped on it, but it wasn't a priority ahead of the O-line.

I actually think it was the correct path in that context.
Good point about the philosophy.Still, showing interest in Gurley, Bell, Howard and Breida worry me,

I love Noah so I hope he becomes as good as Taylor is.

I think the philosophy should be to find a back that doesn’t ever have to leave the field..players that can do it all.

I think Najee is that guy..only weakness is speed..

The Steelers are going to take Najee in the first round. If we want him, you have to take him 18

I'm not giving up at all. It's more a matter of my general philosophy of building a team inside out, and the fact that I don't see an elite in all phases RB that justifies a top pick.

Believe me, I hope our staff doesn't see the need to draft O-line with our top picks. If they do though, I can't trash them for it.

Like I said, I prefer to develop the young guys, but if Flo believes there is a glaring weakness at RT (for example), doesn't he have to address it?

You can't build a skyscaper on a foundation of sand.
When has Flo ever eluded to a glaring weakness at RT. The only place you see that is on here. As a matter of fact he never considered switching Hunt, vocal addressed that he was drafted for RT and as it turns out performed as one of our best position olineman.

When has Flo ever eluded to a glaring weakness at RT. The only place you see that is on here. As a matter of fact he never considered switching Hunt, vocal addressed that he was drafted for RT and as it turns out performed as one of our best position olineman.
Precisely why I put in the "for example" disclaimer.

I have no reason to believe that to be true. It was just a hypothetical, that if we draft an O-line high, it would be for a valid reason, and I would accept that.

After all, if ppl don't believe in the staffs ability and competency, does the rest of it even matter?

If they are incompetent, we aren't winning anything no matter who we draft.

Precisely why I put in the "for example" disclaimer.

I have no reason to believe that to be true. It was just a hypothetical, that if we draft an O-line high, it would be for a valid reason, and I would accept that.

After all, if ppl don't believe in the staffs ability and competency, does the rest of it even matter?

If they are incompetent, we aren't winning anything no matter who we draft.
I hear that and think it's a different convo. If FloCo goes Sewell, as much as it would completely pain me, I would definitely support it and understand that they know something that isn't public yet.

Back
Top Bottom