Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ?

Top 4 RB is still a luxury Miami cant afford. We're still too weak in key areas to be using high picks on RBs.
We need to load up on positions that are the most costly FA positions.

KC drafted Edwards-Helaire. How did that help them? If they had drafted tackle depth then maybe they win the SB.

The guy who was probably the real MVP of KC's 2019 championship was just picked up dirt cheap by the Bears.
Former Dolphin Damien Williams.
Any position where you can get a quality player dirt-cheap is not a position you spend high draft picks on.

Its really hard to justify spending a first rounder on a player that you're lucky to get three above average years out of. I can understand why a team like the Chiefs went for it, given that their window in now and the immediate returns probably exceed those from most other skill position players selected in the same area. But a franchise like the Dolphins building for 2-3 yrs down the road it seems rather shortsighted to invest such a valuable asset in the position.

Even after the Howard/Breida failures I think that's the market Grier should stick to. Free agents with some mileage that are undervalued because of injury or lack of production or prospects on rookie deals that failed to live up to expectations.
If the Chiefs drafted tackle depth instead of Edwards-Helaire, maybe they at least give Tampa a game 2 months ago.

I’d love to get an RB good enough produce consistent yards, get the short yardage when needed, be able to catch and pick up the blitz. If getting all that takes pick 18 then I’m good with it and we get an extra year on the contract. If not then something with a rd2/3 to fit as much possible of the above. I don’t see RBs being worth big contracts so drafting one every 3 or 4 years is a better value IMHO.

Beyond that, I don’t care who we draft as long as those picks perform well and give our team a better chance to win. Our offense seems to need playmakers but also better play calls. I hope we get both.
The guy you describe is Malcom Brown and he's already in the building.

I need to get this off my chest as it is nagging TF out me;
When I first came to this forum the main consensus was "we need Sewell at #3".
Fast forward to now and Alakazam, Alakazee! Sewell has magically transmorphed into over-rated trash.
As someone that stays well-rooted in rational logic; this forum seems more like a Pitchfork toting mob that goes from house to house burning and razing, with wild-eyes and chins dripping with spittle.
I think a study should be conducted into the easy manipulation of mankind.
Let's be frank, Sewell was projected day 1 to go #2 overall to The Jets but randomly he is now trash at #6 cause ole Billy Bobby read how awesome Smith is in a thread written by Goober McStinkheimer, Wal-Mart janitor extraordanaire.
It's quite comical.

Fast forward to now and Alakazam, Alakazee! Sewell has magically transmorphed into over-rated trash.
As someone that stays well-rooted in rational logic; this forum seems more like a Pitchfork toting mob that goes from house to house burning and razing, with wild-eyes and chins dripping with spittle.
Let's be frank, Sewell was projected day 1 to go #2 overall to The Jets but randomly he is now trash at #6 cause ole Billy Bobby read how awesome Smith is in a thread written by Goober McStinkheimer, Wal-Mart janitor extraordanaire.
It's quite comical.

Cool story, bro. You got any others?

It's quite comical.
There is no bandwagon bigger than Finheaven.

When they go charging off on their newest narrative, calmer minds just sit and shake our heads.

It's kind of funny to watch, and the fact that you concisely pointed out how the narrative on Sewell has changed gives an specific example to your theory.

I argued with at least 5 or 6 posters who just SWORE that the Jesters were going to take Sewell (despite having just taken Bechton). They were just so convinced... and now... in order to downgrade Sewell (hoping to somehow convince the front office not to consider him), they are now arguing that Slater is somehow as good, despite having the body of an interior lineman.

It's situational... and it is motivated reasoning. They tear down one player to prop up a different player that they really like.

I've said many times... that my personal ratings rarely vary after the combine/pro days... It is too easy to get caught up on hype and puff pieces... Eskridge, for instance... went from a 5th rounder, to a high second... and then back down again. We saw this with Meinerz... and currently with Elijah Moore...

Hype... That's all it is.

Real NFL personnel men don't jump around like this.

Thankfully for us Dolphins fans, you're just some random dude on the forums and not our GM, Why?
1. This draft is considered one of the worst for Edge rushers.
2. This draft has some amazing OLBs
3. You are clueless as to the value of a RB. Ask the Steelers what happens when you can't run the ball. They went from undefeated to out of the first round of the play-offs mostly because they couldn't run the ball.

Glad most of you are just Monday morning Quarterbacks and have no real say in how we draft.
Well, you are right about numbers 1 and 2, and if u had read many of my posts you'd know you were agreeing with me. But, we created a huge void by getting rid of our two edge rushers Van Noy and Lawson. Sure, we added Ogbah and he was very good, and Van Ginkel is an emerging player ... but Van Ginkel played a lot of snaps last year, so even if he replaces Lawson, he's not going to replace Van Noy ... and we also need to find someone to replace those rotational snaps AVG played last year. And that still leaves a hole at Van Noy's spot. That's why we need a player like Jaelan Phillips or Zaven Collins ... whom I've been raving about for a long time. But hey, go ahead, cast aspersions .... I'm sure it'll get you everywhere.

Go ahead, explain to us why you're NOT a "Monday morning Quarterback" and not "just some random dude on the forums." As if this board was not supposed to be a place where fans exchanged ideas, but rather a place where people came to get confidential inside info from GM's ... uhhhhhhh whatever.

It's quite comical.

At first there was a lot of people wanting Smith at #3. He was tearing it up, winning the NC and the Heisman. We had pick #3. I thought #3 was too high for a WR. I was on board for Justin Fields or Sewell.

Then came Pro days and the trade to #6. I still have Fields over Sewell over Smith. Pitts ran a hand timed 4-44 forty and measured an 83 inch wingspan. The masses fell in love and anointed him the best player to ever play the game.

We don’t know which players will be the best, but I will still be very happy to hear Sewell or Smith at #6.

As much as I would like Harris or Williams, I think both will be gone, as will Ettienne, by our 3rd pick. Michael Carter NC is a good option, as is Sermon and Stevenson. TBH we do need a few extra picks in the later rounds.

I’ve come around to agree that positional value matters and there’s likely to be more value at another position when #18 comes up. I think pick 36 is where you start.

It's quite comical.

I refer to most of those posters as " Lemmings ".

It seems nicer to say they spread " Lemming " juice or " Lemming " drops in their posts then to say they are "pissing" or dropping "turds" on the forum.

To make maters worse, we are in the "silly" part of the season where there isn't much to say but posters say it anyway.

I hate to admit it, but I fall into that category. Aw, what the "hell". - LOL

Thankfully for us Dolphins fans, you're just some random dude on the forums and not our GM, Why?
1. This draft is considered one of the worst for Edge rushers.
2. This draft has some amazing OLBs
3. You are clueless as to the value of a RB. Ask the Steelers what happens when you can't run the ball. They went from undefeated to out of the first round of the play-offs mostly because they couldn't run the ball.

Glad most of you are just Monday morning Quarterbacks and have no real say in how we draft.
Just ask pat mahomes if he would of traded his first round rb for a good OL in the playoffs
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom