Will K. Traylor be successful here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will K. Traylor be successful here?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
.......... will Traylor actually put in solid minutes in the South Florida heat during the first half of the season? I don't know if anybody had ever considered that, but he never struck me as a player who could deal with the swampy weather, especially at his size.

Traylor's just like T-Bo, so he'll do fine. But it might be nice to get younger guys that are his size too.

I read in one of today's articles that we're "in negotiations" with him.

I think it was the one that mentioned that Chester may be out for training camp.

I think he'll be fine. I don't think we're counting on Traylor for 60 snaps per game or anything. I think we're looking at him as a rotational player. Assuming Chester's healthy, we'd be rotating Chester, Traylor, Carter, Zgonina and Romero at DT, with anything we could get from Timbo a bonus. We'd be able to rotate those big guys in and out and keep them fresh.

I could see Holliday being put into the rotation of DT on occasion as well.

Exactly what Phunwin said...he's not going to be there every down. In fact we'll PROBABLY (I'm covering my butt here :tongue: ) going to use him like NE did. Just rotate him in and out.

phinphanphrommi said:
I could see Holliday being put into the rotation of DT on occasion as well.

Good call. We might as well; he's a lousy pass rusher, but a good run stuffer. What's he weigh, 290? A little light, but enough to take 5-10 snaps per game at DT.

phunwin said:
Good call. We might as well; he's a lousy pass rusher, but a good run stuffer. What's he weigh, 290? A little light, but enough to take 5-10 snaps per game at DT.
Kieth Traylor is about 6'2" 350lbs Yes he can be a good run stuffer but his problem is he is not real smart. It took him till week 7 to understand the patriots blocking and blitzing programs. He ended up out of position alot before hand. He is an old man with very little left in the tank. You would need to be very carefull how much he is used.

He's a great plug for a 3-4 d.... and I'm pretty sure his size cannot be overlooked..i think he'll suit us just fine

I think Holiday will end up getting cut if we sign Traylor. That or someone like chester or Bowens. I wont be surprised if Traylor is our best DT this season.

Back
Top Bottom