Will Our Dolphins Start Out 0-4? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Our Dolphins Start Out 0-4?

Dolphins HAVE TO beat the Patriots AND the Bills at minimum to put themselves in a fair position for the playoffs.

These are all AFC opponents and any kind of 0-4 scenerio after everything this team has done this offseason is an early disaster.

2+ games puts this team in a GREAT position early on for post season berth!

Even if the offense starts slow I don’t expect our defense to make any of the games easy for our opponents. The only team that really concerns me from an offensive standpoint in the first 4 games is the Bills.

That more than anything has been why we haven’t been able to beat the Bills. Look they’re a very good team and you’re not going stop them. Your goal is to slow them down offensively and we’ve done that before. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to put up a sustained offense of our own.

It’s mainly been trying to win games against them with defense and that’s not enough.

We okay them 2X and it’s CRITICAL that if we’re going to win it’s has to be the 1st game at home against them. The confidence it would give this team and the message it would send to the Bills and the Division and entire league is important.

Win and it’s oh crap! These aren’t the same Dolphins.

I am as much of an optimist as anyone here and have tickets to opening day. However that opening four team gauntlet of Pats, Balt, Buff and Cinci is brutal and I can easily see an 0-4 start. Pats give us the biggest chance of a win but beating that seasoned and very good D is no easy task. New coaches, O, blocking, runs and players need time to get on the same page.

Our D has stayed pretty much the same and I am hoping as our many that they can hold the fort to start until the O catches up. IF they play well I give us a fair shot vs Pats. Past that is tuff.

No matter the start much better times are around the corner with Jets, Minne, Pitt, Lions,Bears and Browns taking us to the bye. I believe the "Trial by Fire" to start the year brings this team together and in sync. A six game win streak would not surprise me in a potential "Tale of Two Dolphins."
It may or may not be a "brutal" series of games.

Cincinnati is going thru what many SB contenders go thru the following season - a loss of some key players in FA and other changes that weaken the team.

The Pats have been dropping off the last few years. Part of that was losing Brady, but an even bigger part is that they have had almost all their key coaches go to other teams in the last 5 years. This year they brought Flores back as their DC. This should work out well, but after his "tour" with the Dolphins, something about him seemed to change. He may or may not prove to be as good a DC as he used to be.

Baltimore is good and has been for a few years, but I think they leveled off last year and the NFL teams are catching up - especially the Dolphins.

Like it or not, Buffalo is a very good team and seems to be able to keep its focus as an excellent team. Maybe this is the year the league begins to catch up - it happened with Baltimore.

My point is this, these teams may not be as strong in relation to the Dolphins as they have been in the past. Two of them may be our equal or even less. The other two may be our equal, or even more than our equal. This would imply a 2W-2L split as the most likely outcome of those 4 games.

That means the next 4 games can be tough, but not necessarily "brutal".

We could even go 4W-0L. This is not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL when a new HC comes on board. It often takes the NFL a fair part of the season before they are able to predict the new HC's game plans and develop successful schemes to beat them.

2-2 is the minimum
Personally, I think 2W-2L is the most reasonable probability for the Dolphins.

I also anticipate that 3W-1L is not that improbable. As of now, I consider that 3rd win a toss-up.
Better yet, I can see a possibility to go 4W-0L, but that would be a very low probability.

Back
Top Bottom