Will Our Dolphins Start Out 0-4? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Our Dolphins Start Out 0-4?

It’s a brutal stretch to start the season, no doubt, and we have a rookie HC with a new scheme. I expect some losses but what I want to see most is a competitive team. I want them to be “in” every game. I better not see single hint of last year’s offense. Quite possibly the most boring offense I’ve ever seen Miami put on the field.

I can see 0-4. I can see 4-0. And I can see something in between those. But I would guess that anybody seeing 0-4 is probably not "as much of an optimist as anyone here".
or a realist.

It may or may not be a "brutal" series of games.

Cincinnati is going thru what many SB contenders go thru the following season - a loss of some key players in FA and other changes that weaken the team.

The Pats have been dropping off the last few years. Part of that was losing Brady, but an even bigger part is that they have had almost all their key coaches go to other teams in the last 5 years. This year they brought Flores back as their DC. This should work out well, but after his "tour" with the Dolphins, something about him seemed to change. He may or may not prove to be as good a DC as he used to be.

Baltimore is good and has been for a few years, but I think they leveled off last year and the NFL teams are catching up - especially the Dolphins.

Like it or not, Buffalo is a very good team and seems to be able to keep its focus as an excellent team. Maybe this is the year the league begins to catch up - it happened with Baltimore.

My point is this, these teams may not be as strong in relation to the Dolphins as they have been in the past. Two of them may be our equal or even less. The other two may be our equal, or even more than our equal. This would imply a 2W-2L split as the most likely outcome of those 4 games.

That means the next 4 games can be tough, but not necessarily "brutal".

We could even go 4W-0L. This is not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL when a new HC comes on board. It often takes the NFL a fair part of the season before they are able to predict the new HC's game plans and develop successful schemes to beat them.
Did i miss something?? Flo went to the Steelers not the Pats.

I am as much of an optimist as anyone here and have tickets to opening day. However that opening four team gauntlet of Pats, Balt, Buff and Cinci is brutal and I can easily see an 0-4 start. Pats give us the biggest chance of a win but beating that seasoned and very good D is no easy task. New coaches, O, blocking, runs and players need time to get on the same page.

Our D has stayed pretty much the same and I am hoping as our many that they can hold the fort to start until the O catches up. IF they play well I give us a fair shot vs Pats. Past that is tuff.

No matter the start much better times are around the corner with Jets, Minne, Pitt, Lions,Bears and Browns taking us to the bye. I believe the "Trial by Fire" to start the year brings this team together and in sync. A six game win streak would not surprise me in a potential "Tale of Two Dolphins."
No way we loose to the pats. That should be an easy win

Tua 3-0 against the Pats. No more Brady. Pats are worse, Dolphins are much better.

Jackson couldn’t handle cover 0 last time, he is going to have to significantly improve for Baltimore to win.

Bills couldn’t stop Tyreek when he was with the Chiefs. How are they going to stop the Waffle House?

Looking forward to seeing X and Holland match up with Chase and Higgins. Burrow throwing up 50/50 balls truly are 50/50 against the Dolphins.

3-1 or 4-0 isn’t that big of a reach. OL play and team health will be all that holds the Dolphins back from being one of the best teams in the NFL.

Short answer, HELL NO!
I expect to see 4-0. With that beatdown, Miami finally got over the hump with Baltimore. And, Jackson is a bum; I've never been impressed by him. I think this will be the year that Josh Allen does one of two things: either he gets injured because of his scrambling, or he highlights his inaccuracy and loses a few games due to INTs. Also, I don't see the Bengals as a Super Bowl team at all; in fact, IMO the Super Bowl did not feature the best teams last season... they just got lucky.

I expect to see 4-0, but the fact that 3/5 of the worst o-line in the league from last season is their starting o-line this year may be a problem.

This is the 50th anniversary season since going undefeated. Fins are up, we will not be starting 0-4. Hard to do when you win your first game which is already in the bag. Lamar is our rag doll now and we match up well with the Bengals. Only the Bills scare me but at home in September, if we can keep Tua heathy in this game I think we have a shot there as well. 2-2 at minimum with potential to really start out on a roll.

Good stuff posted. I would add that IF these four games were happening in the second half I would be thinking differently. MANY changes to start out the year is normally a recipe for mistakes and problems and little margin vs good teams for those to happen.
Of course, that's true for all teams!

Honestly the most important game of the season might be week 1 vs the Pats. If we win that game we will have swagger and confidence like we havnt seen since the 90s.

If we lose that game it will be like a bad hangover that could hinder us for the first 4 games.

In 2022, men can carry babies. It's our right, as evidenced by pregnant man emojis.

If Mike McCoachin can put together a wildcat esque game in Foxboro and make Bill Belichik cry, I am prepared to carry his spawn.

Regards

0-4? What? Man...
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom