Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins?

Here is what I hope we do that the Patriots do....they adapt to the players that they have. They do not force a scheme because that is what the coaches know and are good at coaching. They adapt week in and week out based on the players that they have, and what the other team likes to do. I can't stand them, but they are the most flexible team I have ever seen. They win with players that are smart and flexible and buy in to the system. They are void of a lot of talent across the board and have shown in the past that they can let big names go via FA and still win consistently. I do hope we can build that mind set here.

Last edited:
Here is what I hope we do that the Patriots do....they adapt to the players that they have. They do not force a scheme because that is what the coaches know and are good at coaching. They adapt week in and week out based on the players that they have, and what the other team likes to do. I can't stand them, but they are the most flexible team I have ever seen. They win with players that are smart and flexible and bye in to the system. They are void of a lot of talent across the board and have shown in the past that they can let big names go via FA and still win consistently. I do hope we can build that mind set here.

Agree. They are the perfect example good coaching can take a few top players, a lot of average players, not much more depth (if any) than other teams and win consistently. Technique and 'do your job.' A little OT, but I'm fascinated by the myth of the NFL being a copy-cat league. Teams walk out on the field and seem stunned BB takes away their best O threat and attacks the D weakness. Every week. And have no answer. Do other teams copy NE's strategy? Nope. even if they have the same or better talent.

THAT is what I want Flores to copy. It requires no more elite talent than other teams nor does it require copying EVERY NE trait. Teach discipline. Attack weaknesses. Stop the key player. Generic.

Well schemes, game planning, adjustments, clock management, crucial decisions, that's to be determined. But this whole thing of them training harder, working on being better conditioned. Like they said on the podcast, haven't ran this much since Shula. That's a good base to build off of. If you can't get your team to work hard, all the X's and O's in the world cant help you.

Well schemes, game planning, adjustments, clock management, crucial decisions, that's to be determined. But this whole thing of them training harder, working on being better conditioned. Like they said on the podcast, haven't ran this much since Shula. That's a good base to build off of. If you can't get your team to work hard, all the X's and O's in the world cant help you.

Agree. There are many things that make a top team, not considering talent, and those things involve coaching. I think a lot of Fins fans overlook that because they haven't seen good coaching since WWII [exaggeration].

In all likelihood someone will post and claim teams DO need talent and can't win without it, even though neither of us said talent isn't necessary. So for those, yes, talent is necessary. Accumulating talent should be a top priority. But there are a large number of variables coaches control that affect W/L. You know, like playing soft coverage on 3rd and 2.

Believe they only have 1 or 2 championships without Brady.

Brady's ability to play his best when the game is on the line where even more talented QB's fail is the reason they have 6. Wes Welker doesn't drop that ball and it's more than likely 7.

He has won so many close games for them it's almost beyond belief.

He is the Patriot's real magic, Belichick is good but without Brady?????? I doubt were looking at him the same way we do now.

Agree. There are many things that make a top team, not considering talent, and those things involve coaching. I think a lot of Fins fans overlook that because they haven't seen good coaching since WWII [exaggeration].

In all likelihood someone will post and claim teams DO need talent and can't win without it, even though neither of us said talent isn't necessary. So for those, yes, talent is necessary. Accumulating talent should be a top priority. But there are a large number of variables coaches control that affect W/L. You know, like playing soft coverage on 3rd and 2.
Talent without structure and direction is severely limited.

Believe they only have 1 or 2 championships without Brady.

Brady's ability to play his best when the game is on the line where even more talented QB's fail is the reason they have 6. Wes Welker doesn't drop that ball and it's more than likely 7.

He has won so many close games for them it's almost beyond belief.

He is the Patriot's real magic, Belichick is good but without Brady?????? I doubt were looking at him the same way we do now.
I agree. And I don't think Belichick is the best all time. He lucked into Brady. But. He did provide Brady with a defense that most QB never get to have. He schemes a great game. But yes, I believe Brady is the overwhelming reason for their success.

I still think he is the best all time, every aspect of the game from drafting to scheming to game planning.

There was a picture of him sitting alone in the Dolphins front office when he came to look the Hurricanes players over last year or the year before, just the over all top to bottom over view he has. Time he must spend doing his job has to be unbelievable.

The way he developed his defensive scheme, everyone else in the NFL still hasn't caught up, him drafting that 6'4" CB to cover TE's shows he is still looking at importing it. The stunts his defense and linebackers ran last year was very impressive - still hoping Flores had something to do with it.

6 championship is had to argue with, even with Brady

The differences I see is that Flores was able to bring other Pats coaches with him.... the previous Coaches off Belicheks tree did not.

That could be a huge difference.....let’s hope!

Hopefully. The Patriots have the one and only dynasty since the salary cap. New England obviously knows what they are doing.

The differences I see is that Flores was able to bring other Pats coaches with him.... the previous Coaches off Belicheks tree did not.

That could be a huge difference.....let’s hope!

Great point. I am thinking with Bills and Tom Brady's age things are goong to change in the future soon up there and there is going to be a ton of pressure on the next guy up to suceed.

The Miami Dolphins have none of that pressure plus have a owner willing to pay and setup to walk into next years draft with a very very high pick that is loaded with QB talent. Thats smart planning or luck whatever you want to call it.

This team couldn’t even stop a run first qb when we knew he was gonna run in 2018.

I will take miami for worst team in the division in 2019. Buffalo and the jets both got better.

Miamis gonna rely on coaching offsetting talent. That’s never gotten us anywhere

This team couldn’t even stop a run first qb when we knew he was gonna run in 2018.

I will take miami for worst team in the division in 2019. Buffalo and the jets both got better.

Miamis gonna rely on coaching offsetting talent. That’s never gotten us anywhere

If we could magically make you HC of Miami '18, could you have developed a game plan to limit a run first QB. Sure you could. Other teams did. Coaching plays a significant role. I'm not arguing Miami has top tier talent, but the coaching looked like they hadn't considered a running QB.

I agree. And I don't think Belichick is the best all time. He lucked into Brady. But. He did provide Brady with a defense that most QB never get to have. He schemes a great game. But yes, I believe Brady is the overwhelming reason for their success.

In my opinion it's the opposite. But we'll never really know.

This is the first time I have ever disagreed with you, and I do not do so lightly.

But in the 70s, the only recognized talent we had were Griese, Csonka, Warfield, and Buoniconti.

None of whom were considered elite at the time. That came a year later.

All the rest were regarded as average guys. But we had Shula, Arnsparger, Mo Scarry....

They elevated those “average” guys into the best defense in the NFL.

And only one of those guys has a gold jacket.

Back
Top Bottom