Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins?

We don't need to do it the way they do, just create the same end result. The Rams got to where they did a completely different way. BB is hands down the best scheming and game planning coach to ever live. So IMO you can't outdo him his way and trying to is an exercise in futility.

We don't need to do it the way they do, just create the same end result. The Rams got to where they did a completely different way. BB is hands down the best scheming and game planning coach to ever live. So IMO you can't outdo him his way and trying to is an exercise in futility.
But no one said 'outdo' and it's not even necessary to do so.

But no one said 'outdo' and it's not even necessary to do so.

Agreed. That was my intended point. People seem to want to figure out how to do what he does and do it better, which you can't. Take a different approach and master YOUR way to beat him.

Agreed. That was my intended point. People seem to want to figure out how to do what he does and do it better, which you can't. Take a different approach and master YOUR way to beat him.

Which brings us full circle. What are the attributes of the "Patriot way" that SHOULDN'T be copied? Assignment discipline isn't one. I'm surprised every time I see a team that DOESN'T do that. Conditioning isn't one. Finding and exploiting mismatches isn't one. There needs to be a discussion of which attributes are actually the "Patriot way" and can't/shouldn't be copied and which are 'every team should copy these.'

So much of how Flores will be judged as a coach will depend on whether Miami gets an elite QB or not.

Without Brady stepping in when Bledsoe got hurt there is a real possibility Belichick would have been just another below average coach who lost more than he won and made a much better coordinator than HC.
Maybe you forgot that NE defense almost shut down Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf when no one could.. Faulk, Holt and Bruce required extremely great coaching and discipline to stop them.

Just saying!!!

Maybe you forgot that NE defense almost shut down Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf when no one could.. Faulk, Holt and Bruce required extremely great coaching and discipline to stop them.

Just saying!!!
I remember the Pats defense didn't stop the Rams from scoring 14 points to tie the game in the final 10 minutes of the game. I wouldn't say the Pats defense shut down the Ram's offense as Warner had 365 yards passing on 44 attempts and Rams rushed 22 times for 90 yards and they converted 5 of 13 third down attempts which is above average. I would say the Pats defense was opportunistic and made big plays by creating turnovers including a pick-6, winning the turnover battle 3 to 0 along with sacking Warner 5 times.

I also recall Brady being told by the coaches not to make a mistake with the ball on the GWD and then Bledsoe told Brady "F... that sling it" and Brady led them on a masterful drive to win the game. For a QB in his first year of starting to be in the 4th quarter of the SB with the "Greatest Show on Turf" just scoring 14 points in the last 8 minutes of the game to tie it and being told to play conservative by his coaches with 1:21 left in the game, 0 timeouts and on their own 17 yard line to calmly drive the team down the field for the game-winning FG was astonishing. That is a reflection of how good Brady is rather than the coaches.

Fast forward to the present in which Brady has now led 6 GWD in the 4th/OT of the 6 Super Bowl titles and I'm siding with Brady as being the biggest reason that franchise has been a dynasty over the past 18 years.

I have yet to see Belichick lead a GWD. Just saying!!!

I remember the Pats defense didn't stop the Rams from scoring 14 points to tie the game in the final 10 minutes of the game. I wouldn't say the Pats defense shut down the Ram's offense as Warner had 365 yards passing on 44 attempts and Rams rushed 22 times for 90 yards and they converted 5 of 13 third down attempts which is above average. I would say the Pats defense was opportunistic and made big plays by creating turnovers including a pick-6, winning the turnover battle 3 to 0 along with sacking Warner 5 times.

I also recall Brady being told by the coaches not to make a mistake with the ball on the GWD and then Bledsoe told Brady "F... that sling it" and Brady led them on a masterful drive to win the game. For a QB in his first year of starting to be in the 4th quarter of the SB with the "Greatest Show on Turf" just scoring 14 points in the last 8 minutes of the game to tie it and being told to play conservative by his coaches with 1:21 left in the game, 0 timeouts and on their own 17 yard line to calmly drive the team down the field for the game-winning FG was astonishing. That is a reflection of how good Brady is rather than the coaches.

Fast forward to the present in which Brady has now led 6 GWD in the 4th/OT of the 6 Super Bowl titles and I'm siding with Brady as being the biggest reason that franchise has been a dynasty over the past 18 years.

I have yet to see Belichick lead a GWD. Just saying!!!

Don't disagree, but, to be fair, how many points did the Pat's D give up in the 2H of the ATL/NE SB? Certainly NE loses if Brady doesn't produce points, but, as many say, it's a team game.

Don't disagree, but, to be fair, how many points did the Pat's D give up in the 2H of the ATL/NE SB? Certainly NE loses if Brady doesn't produce points, but, as many say, it's a team game.
No denying it's a team game. No denying QB is the most influential position as well in determining the outcome of games. A great QB can make a bad team decent, a decent team good, a good, a good team great and vise versa.

To answer the question, the Pats D gave up 7 points in second half. Of course when a team is up by 19 points at the end of the 3rd quarter that team play's more conservative and is not generally pushing the ball down the field they would otherwise.

And no denying Belichick has turned out to be an exceptional and fortunate HC. Belichick has a good defensive mind, has surrounded himself with an outstanding team of assistant coaches and other assistants, is able to work the draft with the best of them and obviously lives, breaths and sleeps football. However, he was lucky or perhaps blessed to be given the opportunity to build a first rate operation which he has done well. There is a very good chance he does not get that opportunity if Brady isn't, well Brady, after Bledsoe got hurt.

Also Belichick has made some glaring mistakes in crucial situations. Not utilizing timeouts against the Seahawks worked out well given Butler intercepting Wilson's pass to seal the game which btw was identified by one of the Pats longtime research assistants and then practiced how to defend leading up that game in which Butler got picked the first time giving up a TD in practice. But not utilizing timeouts would not have gone over so well had the Seahawks scored on that drive which was highly probable. Then the bizarre benching of Butler in the Eagles Super Bowl win over of the Pats in which the Eagles scored "41" points. I'm thinking Butler could have helped that defense, that day. And putting Gronk with bad knees as the last line of defense in the Miami Miracle game is a mistake a rookie coach should be criticized for.

My main point is that without Brady and a rather large sample size to go on that included having talented QBs in their prime age (Bledsoe, Kosar, Testevarde), Belichick has not shown to be an elite HC if the criteria is based on wins/losses and making the playoffs, let alone making a run in the playoffs. It can't be underestimated how much value Brady has brought besides his ability to read defenses, accuracy, pocket play and being the most clutch QB to ever play the game. Teammates interviewed have referred to his perfectionism in practice and willingness to get on the players to do it right rerunning plays until they do which is basically like having the greatest offensive coach inside of the QB. For a coach to have the best QB all-time buy into, uphold and hold the players he leads to adhere to the system is such a luxury for Belichick that it shouldn't be overlooked.

Even Brady signing a two year contract in 2018 averaging $15,000,000 allowed the Patriots to sign FA not otherwise possible. How many players that would be considered the G.O.A.T. would be willing to be the 21st highest paid player at their position? As much as I like LeBron James I don't see him making that kind of sacrifice choosing max money over quality supporting cast. Hell, even Ryan Tannehill made $4.25 million more dollars than Brady did last year!

To me, Brady has been the most ultimate team player I've ever seen in any sport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom