Will Randy McMichael lose his job to Desmond Clark?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Randy McMichael lose his job to Desmond Clark??

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I hope not. I see it has MiMichael's job to lose. IMO he has earned it. As talented as Clark is he hasn't earned anything on the dolphins team. I hope McMichael can hold his own, and I think he will. Any other thoughts??

That's a very good question....

I think since R. McMicheal is a rookie, D. Clark will be given the starting job once he gets healthy....

I like both of them in N. Turners offense. The mere fact that D. Clark has starters experience, it could force us to go with him instead of RM.....

The signing of TE D. Clark was big. I'm not sure if we can really visualize the importance of bringing in a player like him just yet, but once he gets healthy, and starts learning this offese, he'll be a perfect fit for what N. Turner expects from his TE's....

D. Clark is the real deal at TE.

PHINZ RULE!!!

I wouldn't quite go that far by saying Clark will take the starting job once he gets healthy, if McMihcael proves he's the man putting up numbers, making plays not fumbling, catching the catchable balls etc. in the next 3 games or so, Clark will not start over McMichael.

Hell naw. There's no way he supplement R. McMicheal as a starter. Remember N. Turner uses alot of two tight end sets. So once he's healthy he will see playing time. But not start over Mc Micheal.

Originally posted by chambers84
I wouldn't quite go that far by saying Clark will take the starting job once he gets healthy, if McMihcael proves he's the man putting up numbers, making plays not fumbling, catching the catchable balls etc. in the next 3 games or so, Clark will not start over McMichael.
==============================================

Your topic reads "Will RM lose his starting TE job to DC??"

With this response above, you've already answered your own question. Why post a topic that you've already got the answer for???

At first it was "I hope not." Now it's "I wouldn't go that far"....

Make up your mind dude!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wow guess dolfans aren't used to seeing 2 TE sets. If you want to know how the offense will line up a lot just refer to the Colts when they had Dilger/Pollard.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

==============================================

Your topic reads "Will RM lose his starting TE job to DC??"

With this response above, you've already answered your own question. Why post a topic that you've already got the answer for???

At first it was "I hope not." Now it's "I wouldn't go that far"....

Make up your mind dude!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I just made a topic for conversation. I posted the title and gave my opinion. What's the big deal?

McMicheals is a rookie, he use to playing 10 games a year plus one post season game...He may hit the rookie wall late in the season and I see Desmond being good insurance coverage in case that happens..Chambers was shared this last year as he wasn't a starter and was brought alone slowly...McMicheal is starting from day one and now knows he has reliable backup and he can't slack...This is nice pressure to ensure he doesn't get the big head.

Playing TE depending on what your role is, is a ittle easier than a WR, or RB. 10 games compared to 16 isn't that big of a deal for a TE depending on role. With 2 TE sets, McMichael won't be worn out like some would think. Clark is great insurance, but not be discouraged by a rookie playing 16 games at TE.

We aren't the management and don't really know what will happen...I think McMichael could be brought along quickly, but let's remember a big knock was inconsistency in college. So with that getting a proven TE to come in is huge.

McMichael like I've said a million times hasn't done anything yet...wait till a team hits him and gameplans for him...if he still performs and does well...then great we have our TE...if not, then we have done the prudent thing in getting a TE who can be solid when given the shot in Clark.

Well given that our first game is 4 days away and Desmond Clark had 6 days to learn the system AND Desmond Clark is also hurt, I don't think he will be starting. It's McMichael's job to lose. He's already the starter so Clark isn't gonna get many reps. If he fails in games, we may use Clark, but Clark won't take it away from McMichael, McMichael has to lose it.

When Desmond Clark is healthy he could win the starting job, he is a great receiving TE. But he isn't healthy so its RM job.

He won't beat out McMichael. Clark is solid. An outstanding pickup. But Showtime is gonna be better.

Breck also brought out good points.

Back
Top Bottom