Will Ricky ever break one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ricky ever break one

Will Ricky ever break off 50 yarder in 2003 ?

• No, teams are too keyed in on him

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No, he no longer has the speed to do that

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Ricky's longest run this year is a measly 28 yards after (what w/b for most RBs a full season's) 300 attempts.

Does anyone feel teams are too keyed on Ricky or something is wrong w/Ricky so that he will break a big 50 yarder off like he did numerous times last year ?

it appears norv is opening up the offense, and defenses will either respect the pass or get burned by it...as illustrated by the #1 defense in the NFL. assuming the passing game remains effective, ricky will soon have room to run...just in time for the playoffs :)

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
it appears norv is opening up the offense, and defenses will either respect the pass or get burned by it...as illustrated by the #1 defense in the NFL. assuming the passing game remains effective, ricky will soon have room to run...just in time for the playoffs :)

couldn't have said it any better myself!! ;)

IMO, he is saving himself for week 17 and the Jets :D

He'll break two or three before the seasons done. The O-line is healthier, meaning the center & guards will pull better. Also, with Orande back, we should see stronger blocking by the WRs. Ricky will break his runs to the outside.

He's been mere inches from breaking huge ones.

It's just the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Oline had alot to do with his struggles besides the Passing game but all phases seem to be clicking at the right time.

He will break one, but in reality we don't really need him to break a ton of 50 yard runs. We win with ball control, and as long as he brakes 10 and 20 yarders, and the ocasional 30 yarder we will be fine.

I'd say the game winner versus Washington was an example of him "breaking one." It's not his fault the offense was already on the 'Skins 24 yard line. He would have scored on that run from his own 24.

No way. Defenses know how to tackle him now (by the legs, not up high), and our O-line, though it is improving, isn't capable of opening a hole big enough to let him burst.

Originally posted by phintech
Yeah, but breaking the long run can have its affects on a defense.

So will running 8 min/15 play drives, right?? ;)

All right, I'll let you have him take a couple to the house!! A'ight?? :lol:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

All right, I'll let you have him take a couple to the house!! A'ight?? :lol:

'Preciate it! I love to see RW break the long one. Its good for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom