Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year?

Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year?

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
He should as long as our OL stays healthy.....

R. Williams with a change a scenery, a new found enthusiasum playing where he wants to be playing, should equal big numbers all around....Especially in N. Turners system!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Hmmmm, no. Not his first year with a new team and a new offense. Considering it's an entire new offense for everyone. I see many mistakes early, but most will get ironed out as we go.

I think he'll run his ass off against AFC East, but I'm skeptical with the rest.

QUOTE: "Hmmmm, no. Not his first year with a new team and a new offense. Considering it's an entire new offense for everyone. I see many mistakes early, but most will get ironed out as we go."

"I think he'll run his ass off against AFC East, but I'm skeptical with the rest."

I completely DISAGREE with the quote above, considering we play teams like Kansas City, Detroit, Minnesota, Baltimore and Oakland besides our other AFC East Rivals. Those teams suck against the run, or will suck because they have lost some key players. I would say Ricky will easily break that record. Adjusting to the offense will be fine from a rushing standpoint, but from an air attack it may take a couple games. I predict 1400 yards or so.

Yes - I feel he will or come real close. By your logic Ice Storm, it is easier to hand off to RW than ask Jay to throw. Only injuries should stop him

Originally posted by IceStorm
Hmmmm, no. Not his first year with a new team and a new offense. Considering it's an entire new offense for everyone. I see many mistakes early, but most will get ironed out as we go.

I think he'll run his ass off against AFC East, but I'm skeptical with the rest.

I don't think its unreasable to think it will happen. Ricky Williams is a big talent at the RB position, and Norv Turner is a master of being able to create a running game.

Just to put it in perspective Ricky had 1228 yards over his firs 16 games with the Saints. Ladanian Tomlinson had 1236 yards as a ROOKIE in Norv's system with the whole offense also learning this new system. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a more experienced back that is perfectly suited for Norv's system like Ricky wouldn't be able to top that.

I agree with 39, I think we will lean heavily on Williams, especially in the beginning of the season. He should have an excellent shot at beating DW's record if he stays healthy all season. 1258 yards is not a monumental record.

Originally posted by inFINSible
1258 yards is not a monumental record.
exactly, 1258 is about 79 yards per game. Which means he need to average 20 carries a game and get about 4 yards per carry to beat the record. I would expect him to get more than 20 carries per game - which is about what Lamar (313) and RW had last year.

I voted yes. I'm predicting 1,375 rushing yards for RW.

IF's...AND's...and BUT's

IF Ricky AND the core OL stay healthy, Ricky will break the mark, BUT any injury to Ricky or prolonged OL injury most likely will mean around 1,200 yards or less.

DolfanMike's prediction - Ricky gets 1,600 yards

ps...I'm also hoping for 1,499 yards

Back
Top Bottom