Will Rob Konrad get his due this year???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Rob Konrad get his due this year????

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Will Rob Konrad be more involved in the dolphins scheme this year??? He is a very talented fullback whos roles have been diminished to primarily a blocking back... Dolphin fans tell me what you think????

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
But don't you think since we don't have Ricky anymore he would become more of a weapon???
He wasn't really a weapon before RW came into town. If they were smart, they would get him more involved. They've been saying he is going to get more involved for the past 3 years, hasn't happened yet.

His due would be a release him and pick up an actual fullback, or move him to a position where his complete and utter lack of toughness/power when running the ball wouldnt hurt him.

Maybe WR?

Konrad wasn't needed to carry because Ricky had a fullback body with RB speed. With Ricky gone, I would hope Konrad would assume more of an "Alstott" role in this committee. I certainly do not see why Konrad should not get carries, especially in goalline situations.

I could remember on a Monday night in Denver I don't recall the year but it was under the Jimmy Johnson era when Dan Marino threw a little flare out pass to Rob who eventually scored on that pass... It was a very effective play...Rob athleticism made it happen... That's why I think he has been under utilized in the sheme of things...

Disgustipate said:
His due would be a release him and pick up an actual fullback, or move him to a position where his complete and utter lack of toughness/power when running the ball wouldnt hurt him.

Maybe WR?

I do agree, some of his runs when he caught passes in the flat were pretty embarassing. He was sometimes tackled by CB's one on one. He will need to step it up.

But there's a seemingly lack of credit with Konrad because he was a big reason why Ricky was able to run well.

Disgustipate said:

Maybe WR?
Konrad has delevoped into one of the most complete fullbacks in the NFL. When givens opportunities he has done good things. He is a good blocker, which he was not known for comin out of college, and shows good ability catching the football. Everytime I've seen a big run by Ricky Williams, Travis Minor, or Lamar Smith the last few season he has always laid down a crucial block for it.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
Konrad has delevoped into one of the most complete fullbacks in the NFL. When givens opportunities he has done good things. He is a good blocker, which he was not known for comin out of college, and shows good ability catching the football. Everytime I've seen a big run by Ricky Williams, Travis Minor, or Lamar Smith the last few season he has always laid down a crucial block for it.

A complete fullback is not someone whom get taken down by arm-tackling cornerbacks. A complete fullback is not someone who cant break a tackle.

He's a decent fullback. He's fast, and he's learned how to block. But he isnt that great of a blocker, either. He's got nowhere near the pop in his blocks Deon Dyer did.

WILL Konrad get more play? Hard to tell. Since we have no "book" on Foerster to know how he uses FB's it is difficult to estimate.

SHOULD Konrad get more play? Definately!!! I would love to see him get 8-10 touches per game, divided roughly in half between rushes and catches. I could see him getting around 400 yards each way and a half dozen or so TD's.

I say this not because I think Konrad is great or any more than a solid starter but because I think we will be at our best if we move the ball around a lot between RB's, WR's, TE's, and yes even FB's.

Another piece here, if Morris ends up as the #1 or 2 RB, who becomes our second FB? Moa who is more of an H back type or Easlick who is the prototype lead blocker?

Back
Top Bottom