Will Ronnie be like Emmit as in Effective? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ronnie be like Emmit as in Effective?

Well I am positive he was a RB. It is my favorite show and I have the first 3 seasons on DVD. He has a RB # to boot. One show he was worried about kelly's boyfriend breaking his running records

how are we supposed to predict the future career of a kid that hasn't even been drafted yet? team? system? co-cast of players? injuries? Most RB's only last 4-5 years I believe....and Emmit was obvioiusly a rare breed and special considering all the records he holds. I'm not ready to put up any RB in any draft or compare them (except for styles or college accomplishments).

LtDan662002 said:
Well I am positive he was a RB. It is my favorite show and I have the first 3 seasons on DVD. He has a RB # to boot. One show he was worried about kelly's boyfriend breaking his running records

Yes he was a RB.

I think R.Brown will have a Marshall Faulk or Thurman Thomas effect.

LtDan662002 said:
Eddie George type getting 900-1,000 yards per year?? Have you seen Eddie's yardage stats?? 1,300, 1,399, 1,500+. Lookie!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1174

Eddie George's ypc has always been really low. Only twice did he average over 4 ypc. His career avg is 3.6. Not very good for a starting back. Ronnie Brown will be closer to the Emmitt Smith type runner than the Eddie George runner. Brown is much more elusive and faster.

SCall13 said:
Eddie George's ypc has always been really low. Only twice did he average over 4 ypc. His career avg is 3.6. Not very good for a starting back. Ronnie Brown will be closer to the Emmitt Smith type runner than the Eddie George runner. Brown is much more elusive and faster.

Well if you saw my second post, I said I would take Eddies first 5 years with a higher ypc in a heartbeat

Let's not get carried away here fellas...college doesn't always equate to success in the pros. Here's a quote about Eddie if you want to compare apples to apples. (College to College). Say what you want about EG in the pros, but Brown hasn't show $hit in college that is worthy of putting him on EG's level now or in the future...yet.

"Eddie would go on to have perhaps the single greatest season for a running back in OSU history. On 328 attempts, he rushed for a Buckeye record 1,927 yards, with 24 TDs (one short of a Buckeye record), 5.9 yards per carry, 148.2 yards a game (a Buckeye record), and 12 100-yard rushing games in the season (another Buckeye record). Plus, he had a Buckeye receiving record for a running back with 47 catches. He did all this despite the fact that OSU threw the ball as much as they ever had in a season (Bob Hoying had the second-most ever yards passing for an OSU QB that season, and at the time, it was the most ever by far before Joe Germaine broke his record). "

No way in hell Ronnie will ever be as good as Emmit as long as he is in a Fin jersey, reason?

Emmit had an OL.

dominizzo said:
Listen guys i know its early to compare running backs. You think Ronnie will have the stats like Smith or will he be a Eddie George type player which is decent getting his 900 -1000 yard seasons 7,8 tds. Ur thoughts my finfans.:cooldude:

The guy to compare to Emmit (and I put posts up on this a couple of weeks ago), is Cadillac Williams.

Williams is a good inside runner despite his size; he is 5'10, 217 (Emmit was 5'10, 210 when he came out). He also, though he didn't get a huge chance, is a very good pass receiver. He has very good power as well - just like Emmit.

Whether Williams will be as durable and tough is another matter. Smith took a tremendous pounding - but had powerful thighs that just kept churning.

Ronnie Brown is a different player from Emmit. Completely different.

Da 'Fins said:
Smith took a tremendous pounding - but had powerful thighs that just kept churning.

Well maybe in the sense of logevity, he's taken a beating. Smith spent most of his career getting hit by safety's and corners (yes Lbs too) since, by running behind the most dominant O line in football, he would have a 5-8 yard hole without getting touched. No, not always, but in general.

By the way, like how my AC Milan handled your boy Rooney in champions leauge? :lol:

IMO Smith may hold the records, but I wouldnt even put him in the top 5 RB's in NFL history:

5) Ricky Williams................:rolleyes:
4) O.J. Simpson
3) Eric Dickerson
2) Jim Brown
1) Barry Sanders

gr8slayer said:
No way in hell Ronnie will ever be as good as Emmit as long as he is in a Fin jersey, reason?

Emmit had an OL.

Emmit's O-line wasnt super duper it was ok, and he is just a hard runner, who didnt like to stop running until they stopped both of his legs, he did have a better o-line then (better then ours at least)

Plus dude your a bills fan, and you havent got that great of an O-line, u lost your big tackle or w/e so be quiet

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Emmit's O-line wasnt super duper it was ok, and he is just a hard runner, who didnt like to stop running until they stopped both of his legs, he did have a better o-line then (better then ours at least)

Plus dude your a bills fan, and you havent got that great of an O-line, u lost your big tackle or w/e so be quiet

Dude how old are you? Just Ok? The mid-90s dallas Oline has been rated as one of the best units in history. Stepnoski, Newton, Eric Williams, and Larry Allen were all big and fast pro-bowlers that rolled over almost every D-line in front of them. Plus he followed Daryl Johnston, one of the best FBs in recent memory. Even Novacek was a decent blocker for a pass-catching TE.

Back
Top Bottom