Will Ronnie be like Emmit as in Effective? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ronnie be like Emmit as in Effective?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Listen guys i know its early to compare running backs. You think Ronnie will have the stats like Smith or will he be a Eddie George type player which is decent getting his 900 -1000 yard seasons 7,8 tds. Ur thoughts my finfans.:cooldude:

dominizzo said:
Listen guys i know its early to compare running backs. You think Ronnie will have the stats like Smith or will he be a Eddie George type player which is decent getting his 900 -1000 yard seasons 7,8 tds. Ur thoughts my finfans.:cooldude:

Eddie George type getting 900-1,000 yards per year?? Have you seen Eddie's yardage stats?? 1,300, 1,399, 1,500+. Lookie!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1174

They have no similarity whatsoever...

Who knows???

I mean that depends what teams he goes to, the OL, blah blah blah...

The answer is no because probably the team that gets Ronnie will use him in the passing game.

With the current regime, I dont think you will see great rushing yardage out of any back. The backs are going to have great all purpose yards, but rushing yards will probably be in the 1200 range in a good year. Add 600 yards receiving on dump offs and screens and now we are looking at 1800-1900 all purpose yards and that is extremely effective. This is why I love Brown he is probably the best pass catching RB in the draft, he is a proven team player, he can pick up blitzes, and he has great size and speed. He is a prototypical back for the system we seem to be installing. His numbers may never be staggering but he will be a VERY effective RB in the NFL.

dominizzo said:
since 2001 hes been garbage i dont want ronnie to be like eddie
I'd take Eddies first 5 years in a heartbeat. Maybe a better ypc average. He got injured with that toe and ankle the last 3 years. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't have to agree:wink:

LtDan662002 said:
Nope, a RB. He SCORED 4 TD's in one game!

I am almost positive it was QB, remember he always did this
clear.gif

The Cadallac Williams|Ronnie Brown situation is similar Warrick Dunn|T.J. Duckett situation in Atlanta dominant running for but wud u seperate those guys and make them the centerpiece of ur offense and build a franchise around them...no

Ronnie Brown lack of playing time scares me I dont know if he can handle the load. Ronnie Brown has talent and may be a physical freak but he's not a pure runner like Benson. I see him as being Brian Westbrook Charlie Garner type of back.

Willis McGahee had 1,753 yards 28 touchdowns in final year caught 25 passes for 355 yards 0 tds
Ronnie Brown didnt even have a 1000 yards caught 25 passes for 264 yards 1 td

Dont get me wrong he's a good player but not as good as ppl think he is. He hasnt had a great college career.

Hank Hill I'm pretty sure was a RB too...

I dont see what is wrong with Eddie George, the man was the houston oilers, I mean that guy was their whole franchise for a good loooooong time, but he did throw his body against defense, so he did get hurt, but that does not make him bad, i would take Eddie George at the begining of his career any time. (but i dont think ronnie brown is that, I am kind of starting to think Cadillac would be a better choice, except the guy had injuries, trade down dammit)

Back
Top Bottom