will ronnie brown become a better running back than.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will ronnie brown become a better running back than....

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ricky williams? This of course coming from the production ricky williams had before retiring. Do you think ronnie brown has the potential to be a top 3 runningback?

Alien

xenomorph
Reaction score
he definately has potential, but i dont think he will be the top 3 rushing yard every year, mostly likely top 8 or so, his total yards is what will be large. his size, power, sub 4.4 speed, and excellent hands make him have the potential to be perhaps THE BEST all purpose back in the league along with LT.

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Reaction score
can i just say that Ricky is underweight going by press reports and hes a total unknown what hes going to do when he comes back to training camp. He wont be back till the Tampa game and his mental condition is an unknown at this point so lets go with Ronnie Brown all the way. I'm amazed how many ppl think Ricky will be back as the RB we knew and loved. I for one aint expecting miracles at this juncture. Ronnie is our future.

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Reaction score
and dont 4get our OL had better turn up this season cos Brown will be an average back if the OL dont block.

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
DonShula84 said:
I hope so, and I love Ronnie Brown, but Im not sure if he has top 3 potential
I wouldn't consider Ricky a top three running back.

Phineas64

Fins Rock!!
Reaction score
Yes

He certainly has the talent to be a top tier RB, as long as the rest of the offense cooperates and takes some attention from him he'll be awesome!

iDolFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Megatron said:

not now of course.....but he was a top 3 back. He even was the best back the nfl had back in 02'.

imagine him with a good o-line in front of him :eek:

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I do believe that he will. Brown can be used more then Ricky could me used. Brown is a complete RB that can run,catch and block.

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I would hope so, but not many RB's in the NFL today can exceed what Ricky Williams did here in Miami in 2002. Only the elite few in my opinion... Hopefulyl Ronnie Brown can though, but that's asking for A LOT.

phinman1

Seriously now
Reaction score
Megatron said:

When motivated, as he was in year 1 with us, you bet he's a top 3 back, in fact he was the TOP back that year. Brown will never run like that, and isn't the pure runner RW is. However, his combo of running, pass catching and blocking will make him plenty good enough.

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Reaction score
I think potentially he probably could, but it will be unlikely.--Ricky was top 3 over a two year period, when in Wanny's system we rushed a big percentage of the time, but that is unlikely to happen with Saban. mind you its possible he will be a more all round back than ricky

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Megatron said:

The orginal post said could Ronnie Brown become a top 3 back. I was responding more to that then whether or not Ricky was top 3. And when he was with us an argument can definitely be made that he was top 3 or so

ladeback

Lurking
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
gator_sensation said:
He was the 2 seasons he played with us. Ricky was going to be the franchise just like Marino was.

He went from 4.8 ypc his first year, to 3.5 ypc his second while 'not running hard'(in his own words) with no burst or acceleration... He wasn't even a top 10 back that second year....who's to say he wouldn't have fallen completely off the chart even if he was still playing?

Top Bottom