Will Rosen Have More Around Him In Miami Than His Rookie Year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Rosen Have More Around Him In Miami Than His Rookie Year?

My whole issue with this trade is...there is no way we will be able to evaluate him in 1 year when it is time to make a decision on the 2020 QB. Our line and team are worse than AZ, so everyone will say...just give him time...he will be great when he has a good line in front of him...all lines we have heard for the last 7 yrs with Tannehill really.

I don't mind the trade for the player, just hated what we gave up, and still don't understand the plan. Rosen will be back in the exact same situation come 2020 that he was in now (playing backup to a top drafted QB). If he is ok being a backup then thats fine, but who knows.
Did you watch Arizona last year?

My whole issue with this trade is...there is no way we will be able to evaluate him in 1 year when it is time to make a decision on the 2020 QB. Our line and team are worse than AZ, so everyone will say...just give him time...he will be great when he has a good line in front of him...all lines we have heard for the last 7 yrs with Tannehill really.

I don't mind the trade for the player, just hated what we gave up, and still don't understand the plan. Rosen will be back in the exact same situation come 2020 that he was in now (playing backup to a top drafted QB). If he is ok being a backup then thats fine, but who knows.

I think Slimm kind gives insight on how to evaluate him, despite the potential of incompetence on the field (which hopefully isn’t the case).

These NFL personnel dudes aren’t blind . . . .Rosen is talented as ****.

Can he come in, hit delete on all the bullshit, and just put in work to make himself the best QB he can be. That in itself will be a huge positive in the evaluation process.

This whole ordeal has to be a wakeup call for him and Miami’s new team has to be better at putting together a competent offensive line.

If both things happen, we won’t be worrying about the 2020 QB class.

I think Slimm kind gives insight on how to evaluate him, despite the potential of incompetence on the field (which hopefully isn’t the case).

Can he come in, hit delete on all the bullshit, and just put in work to make himself the best QB he can be. That in itself will be a huge positive in the evaluation process.

This whole ordeal has to be a wakeup call for him and Miami’s new team has to be better at putting together a competent offensive line.

So if we go 4-12 and Rosen looks legit, you are going to be comfortable saying...that is my QB for the next decade, lets pass on an elite 2020 QB? No matter how good he looks this season, I still want our top pick to be QB. There is almost nothing Rosen could do to make me comfortable enough to pass on a QB next year.

So if we go 4-12 and Rosen looks legit, you are going to be comfortable saying...that is my QB for the next decade, lets pass on an elite 2020 QB? No matter how good he looks this season, I still want our top pick to be QB. There is almost nothing Rosen could do to make me comfortable enough to pass on a QB next year.
There is no guarantee of any QB next year being elite and we could still draft one especially if you think we go 4-12

Where can I find that? Slimm always has good content.

No I didn’t say that.

We aren’t the team that traded up to draft him top 10. It took pick 62 and 4 and a 2020 5th . . . And essentially we got Rosen, a 6 and a 2020 2nd.

You have to be nuts not to realize you are getting away with a grand opportunity and highway robbery in adding a true talent to your QB group.

Miami’s head needs to be on a swivel when it comes to acquiring a definitive at QB at all times.

All I am saying is you have already made your conclusion that he and the team won’t look good. I don’t view it that way. i will worry about 2020 when that arrives.

I think a lot depends on coaching. Miami isnt exactly loaded and on paper Arizona has more options. However I dont think people realize hoe much of a mess the Cardinals were. Their coaching staff was way over their head and ran a very outdated offense

No. PFF had our line as bad or worse than Rosen’s in ARI, and he had legit receivers there.

From what I read, by the end of the season Zona was trotting out OL that were just cut by other teams...

No one can predict injuries, but if healthy this line should be better than what he had last year.

All the talk about the top of the 2020 draft has been about the QBs, but there are some studs at major positions of need. Chase Young looks great. Jerry Jeudy would give Rosen a dynamic weapon. I think there is a very real chance we pass on a QB and give Rosen 2 years to evaluate him. Because 2021 has Trevor Lawrence also. Unless Rosen really sucks and we fall in love with a top QB in draft like what happened this year with cardinals. I’m not gonna say that’s not a possibility but I don’t think it’s the forgone conclusion most fans think

Hell I think we're all hoping this coaching staff is an upgrade from what we've had before and what Rosen had in Arizona. If that's the case then i think it will be good news for everyone.

I think a lot depends on coaching. Miami isnt exactly loaded and on paper Arizona has more options. However I dont think people realize hoe much of a mess the Cardinals were. Their coaching staff was way over their head and ran a very outdated offense

Just the lack of David Johnson usage screams incompetence. Any football fan knew he was being underutilized.

No I didn’t say that.

We aren’t the team that traded up to draft him top 10. It took pick 62 and 4 and a 2020 5th . . . And essentially we got Rosen, a 6 and a 2020 2nd.

You have to be nuts not to realize you are getting away with a grand opportunity and highway robbery in adding a true talent to your QB group.

Miami’s head needs to be on a swivel when it comes to acquiring a definitive at QB at all times.

All I am saying is you have already made your conclusion that he and the team won’t look good. I don’t view it that way. i will worry about 2020 when that arrives.

I actually think Rosen could be quite good...my point was that it will be hard to evaluate him in 1 year behind our Oline/team. And if he/the team is good enough to get us to 5-11/6-10 range, we would be out of the top 10, and even though we have assets, may be difficult to move that far up if they only truly want 1 of the QBs available next year.

Back
Top Bottom