Will Saban taken any chances? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Saban taken any chances?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do you guys think Nick's gonna go after any question marks this weekend?

I hope so, in the late rounds or undrafted FAs. Not character chances. But guys who fell out of favor due to minor injuries or playing out of position or missing playing time due to grades or family problems or whatever. Maybe a collegiate backup playing behind a star.

I always like major college sleepers, or playmakers whose rating slipped as a senior or after their final year. Like Poole last year or Brimmer the UNLV safety this year. When we signed Ogunleye you could see that was a great risk since he had so many sacks at Indiana before blowing his knee. We're at least a couple of years away now so we can affcord to take down the road risks like that again.

The picks I despise are slow, unathletic camp fodder who have no chance to boom.

I think if he trades down with Washington that's a huge risk. Arizona, Tampa, and Chicago could all easily take a RB.

South Florida said:

Every....I mean EVERY person you draft is a question mark. We won't know for some time obviously, how these guys work out. Drafting is all about question marks!

I doubt it, he doesn't seem to be a risk taker. Whoever he takes you know darn well he throughly found out everything he could on that player and how he would fit into his plans for the team.

Brimmer is a good one.

I don't know if you can call him a risk, but Ben Wilkerson is the best center prospect I've graded since Steve Everitt came out of Michigan. If we can get him in the fourth round, I believe we will have found a future 10 year starter at center.

South Florida said:
I think two players players that Nick Saban might reach for are WR Matt Jones and CB Webster.

THOMAS_54 said:
I think if he trades down with Washington that's a huge risk. Arizona, Tampa, and Chicago could all easily take a RB.

The solution to this is easy: trade back up with the 9. Minnesota will probably want to do that if Williams and Edwards are gone -- they can get Williamson just fine at 9, and we can leapfrog the Cards.

i think if he drafts mcphereson or clarett in the late rounds, thats a huge risk. also, i think one risk he could take is drafting the kicker from ohio state if we get another 2nd round pick

if he makes a reach for a player, it will probably be someone he recruited or coached against at lsu. maybe some guy he saw play but got injured.

KB21 said:
Brimmer is a good one.

I don't know if you can call him a risk, but Ben Wilkerson is the best center prospect I've graded since Steve Everitt came out of Michigan. If we can get him in the fourth round, I believe we will have found a future 10 year starter at center.
Sporting News has us taking him in Round 3.

I think he'd be another likely player for us.....in fact, I think it makes sense that if a quality LSU player is on the board around where he is projected, there is a strong possibility that he'll be a Dolphin. Saban likes his LSU guys.

DE Spears
CB Webster
C Wilkerson
etc

Trade possibilities -
QB R. Davey in some type of deal....

Tampa Bay trade Up - TB 1st, WR Clayton (LSU last year), TB 3rd rounder for #2 overall

UMM well this whole offseason he has been taking chances

1. Not resignign Morlon greenwood and making our LB situation even more messed up
2. Not resigning Sammy Knight and then signign Tebucky Joens who is older than Knight
3. Thinking he can count on Ricky as a RB
4. Signing washed up D linemen like Carter and Holliday
5. Not doing anything w/our QB situation (signing ferrote doesnt count as a move)
6. Wanting to put the Best DE in football at OLB

I agree with Dooger.There can be opportunities found if you dig deep enough such as Will Pooles poor combine results due to the flu.

I would stay away from the questionable character types and the injury prone.Scouts never make seem to make much effort to study players injuries and that is a mistake.

Some injuries are caused by accidents but some are caused because the player has a defficiency in some part of the body which will cause frequent injuries.

Back
Top Bottom