Will Seau hold up this season since his surgery? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Seau hold up this season since his surgery?

Finfan53

17-0 Still Perfect
Reaction score
I know tearing a pectoralis major muscle is a big deal... I hope he hasn't lost too much strength or power in that shoulder with consideration of his age? Go fins!

he was playing Pro Bowl football before the injury .... so i think he can at least be productive after the injury .... heart can over come a lot .... and Seau has enough heart for the 3 of us ...

Bobby Humphrey said:
he was playing Pro Bowl football before the injury .... so i think he can at least be productive after the injury .... heart can over come a lot .... and Seau has enough heart for the 3 of us ...

He was playing PB football before the injury? In the Jet games he sure wasnt, I didn't see him the other games(so maybe you are right about that) and he got injured in the 2nd Jet game but he was not very good his last few years in SD and his first year in Miami so I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be a good player again after an injury that cost him half the year at his age.

Seau will be fine its great to have his services again this year i can see him and zach easily getting over at least 100 tackles each.

He does keep himself in great shape... fun to see how #54 does with Seau's workout regimen! But I question the power in that shoulder girdle that was injured in shedding blockers, and making tackles?

Bobby Humphrey said:

I agree. I can't understand how people (especially fans from other teams) can honestly say that Junior is washed up or over the hill. The guy STILL has the wheels to make the play AND until last season has had a very healthy career. To listen to these other people, one would think that he is broken all of the time and can hardly do anything without tripping over his walker. Well, I can tell you that after having met him last season (just before the Jets/Phins game in which he got injured) this just isn't so. The guy is STILL one of the most dedicated and intense players on the team. Add to that his leadership value and the instincts to which he brings to the game, he remains a very valuable asset to this team. He will do just fine and he will also help the next generation of Phins linebackers progress.

Seau should be fine this season. Some people can recover from the type of injury. His work out should be proof of this. He will play smash mouth football. He has a whole lotta heart as well.

Lungoystr said:
I agree. I can't understand how people (especially fans from other teams) can honestly say that Junior is washed up or over the hill. The guy STILL has the wheels to make the play AND until last season has had a very healthy career. To listen to these other people, one would think that he is broken all of the time and can hardly do anything without tripping over his walker. Well, I can tell you that after having met him last season (just before the Jets/Phins game in which he got injured) this just isn't so. The guy is STILL one of the most dedicated and intense players on the team. Add to that his leadership value and the instincts to which he brings to the game, he remains a very valuable asset to this team. He will do just fine and he will also help the next generation of Phins linebackers progress.

Yeah he still has what it takes, hopefully he will be around for next season.

nyjunc said:
He was playing PB football before the injury? In the Jet games he sure wasnt, I didn't see him the other games(so maybe you are right about that) and he got injured in the 2nd Jet game but he was not very good his last few years in SD and his first year in Miami so I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be a good player again after an injury that cost him half the year at his age.

I watched every game Seau has played as a phin …. And in my opinion …. He played Pro Bowl football last year …. I don’t know the exact numbers, but when seau went down Thomas was 1st in the NFL in tackles and Seau was like 5th or so. Seau was slicing threw gaps making the play or making the RB bounce out. …. The numbers show Seau was on pace for 114 tackles last year …. But numbers can be misleading ….

In all my years of watching football I have never seen a LB slice into the gap as well as Seau. He is amazing in playing this style of run stuff. It’s like Seau sacrifices his body to blow up a hole rather then go for the glory of a big hit. But surprisingly, Seau usually not only blows up the hole, he takes down the ball carrier as well.

but when seau went down Thomas was 1st in the NFL in tackles and Seau was like 5th or so. Seau was slicing threw gaps making the play or making the RB bounce out. …. The numbers show Seau was on pace for 114 tackles last year …. But numbers can be misleading ….

Your last sentence said it all. Especially tackle #s, I remember Kyle Clifton used to be among the league leaders in tackles every year but he was never great, it was b/c DL wasn't doing it's job. I'll take your word for it that he was making plays w/ his tackles and that he was playing very well before his injury but you still can't expect someone at his age coming off a big injury to be a big time player again. Can he be a decent player? yeah but don't expect much more than that.

nyjunc said:
Your last sentence said it all. Especially tackle #s, I remember Kyle Clifton used to be among the league leaders in tackles every year but he was never great, it was b/c DL wasn't doing it's job. I'll take your word for it that he was making plays w/ his tackles and that he was playing very well before his injury but you still can't expect someone at his age coming off a big injury to be a big time player again. Can he be a decent player? yeah but don't expect much more than that.

A lot of people said Curtis Martin was washed up years ago and continue to say it year after year after year ....Although my favorite Martin never had the injury that cost him 1/2 a season .... I think Martin can be compaired to Seau .... Both heart guys who can beat the odds and play when no one gives them a chance .... and that no one giving Seau a chance includes you (No one giving Seau a chance does not include phin fans of course)

Bobby Humphrey said:
A lot of people said Curtis Martin was washed up years ago and continue to say it year after year after year ....Although my favorite Martin never had the injury that cost him 1/2 a season .... I think Martin can be compaired to Seau .... Both heart guys who can beat the odds and play when no one gives them a chance .... and that no one giving Seau a chance includes you (No one giving Seau a chance does not include phin fans of course)

I could agree w/ that but Seau is a over 4 years older than Curtis and coming off missing a good chunk of a season. I give him a chance to be a serviceable player but I'd be shocked if he was a PB player again(a legit PB player, I'm not talking about the name recognition vote).

im not expecting much from seau this year... im more looking forward to him helping out the likes of crowder, spragen and especially moore... i truly expect eddie moore to have a breakout season this year with sharing time with a healthy seau and if seau goes down getting all the snaps...

nyjunc said:
I could agree w/ that but Seau is a over 4 years older than Curtis and coming off missing a good chunk of a season. I give him a chance to be a serviceable player but I'd be shocked if he was a PB player again(a legit PB player, I'm not talking about the name recognition vote).

RBs have a shorter shelf life than LBs, so i think the ages can be compairable. .... Will we see Seau in the Pro Bowl? probably not, will we Seau Seau helping Miami win games? Probably yes ....

it's nice to read Post after post saying Seau will be fine. The guy was a beast last year before he got hurt, I think Seau has another 3 years in him easily......you know why? the guy stays in shape year round. Seau is the least of our problems.

Back
Top Bottom