Will Sutton DT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Sutton DT

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey so a few days ago I was watching the ASU Navy game and this guy just dominated the game. I'm not really aware of his overall game and draft rating, but what I saw was a very powerful and massive guy shredding through OL's and disrupting plays. He kind of reminds me of a Dockett-esque player and with contracts coming up for Starks and in the near future of Odrick and Soliai, and Mcdaniel's future with the team, we need to address DL somewhere in this draft. Where can you see Sutton falling to?

Did he declare yet? He's redshirt junior. I expect he will given the year he's had, but you never can be sure with these kids.

As for his play, he's a STUD in college. However, he's the ultimate tweener. He's only around 6'1 270-275 pounds. In college you can get away with that in the middle and still hold up against the run but in the NFL it's MUCH more difficult. He has a really nice burst inside to get by DTs but isn't quite the athlete to do the same on the outside against OTackles. I honestly have no idea where i would slot him right now.

yeah not sure, i thought the announcers were talking about him declaring for the draft. good info and thanks for the response

undersized but murderous interior pass rusher...that said there's no way that guy weighs less than 285 lbs...b/t if you thought that navy game for his was impressive when they pretty much ran away from him the entire game take a look at what he did againt cal this season...he beat them by himself...

as far as i'm concerned undersized or not he's a top 50 worthy pass rushing dt in the mold of an undersized geno atkins...atkins though i think plays with better leverage but this kids murder with his quickness on the inside and he'll finish

We just might need to address DT, if we cant get starks back and they dont kick odrick inside

b/t here's my sutton analysis in the early part of november after having watched 4 or 5 games of his if i recall correctly...and yeah if we lose starks i would definitely think about sutton as a nickle interior pass rusher...post #69

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?324859-hooshoops-prospect-takes/page7

I agree with DT being a position we should be looking at in this draft. We have Starks potentially leaving, Mcdaniel being overpaid, Soliai not locked up long term, and Odrick who im confused about because I don't know if we are going to leave him at DE. We need more pass rushers in any way, if we can get another good rusher up the middle and come away with a good DE in this draft, I will be stoked.

Back
Top Bottom