will the 200 pound ricky...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will the 200 pound ricky......

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
will the 200 pound ricky be better than the 230 pound ricky? i know it sounds crazy but even though he has been out of football for a while and lost some weight you just dont forget how to play football maybe he will be faster at 200?
a lot of good rb's weigh 200 pounds maybe ronnie can be the tough between the tackles runner and ricky can be the outside home run threat? if ricky comes back i feel sorry for the teams we play they will be pounded by fresh backs all day long! welcome back ricky! and yes i will change my name if he comes back and does the right thing. RICKYSUX WILL BE OUT MY NEW NAME WILL BE 34ISBACK!

rickysux said:
will the 200 pound ricky be better than the 230 pound ricky? i know it sounds crazy but even though he has been out of football for a while and lost some weight you just dont forget how to play football maybe he will be faster at 200?
a lot of good rb's weigh 200 pounds maybe ronnie can be the tough between the tackles runner and ricky can be the outside home run threat? if ricky comes back i feel sorry for the teams we play they will be pounded by fresh backs all day long! welcome back ricky! and yes i will change my name if he comes back and does the right thing. RICKYSUX WILL BE OUT MY NEW NAME WILL BE 34ISBACK!

He lost weight from carrying his 8.6 mil of debt. When he comes back I will finally throw out my #34 jersey.:fire:

Gofish1331 said:
He lost weight from carrying his 8.6 mil of debt. When he comes back I will finally throw out my #34 jersey.:fire:

I couldn't agree more! What short term memories people have. I'll always root for the team but I won't cheer for Ricky the player. He quit on the team at the worst possible time and that's not easily forgotten. I'd much rather he just disappeared into the rain forest and lived in his tent because money doesn't mean anyting to him. Of course neither do his 4 houses or how many cars he owns. But what is money anyways! He doesn't need it - and his coming back is not money related - he just happens to have the love of the game again! If I can use the famous quote of Jim Belushi - Yep and Pull this leg and it plays Jingle Bells!!

finsnchips said:
another ricky thread... :cry:

yes it is ! this is a place to talk about the fins right? ricky is in the news right?
there is not much else going on! screw it my next thread "can ricky play saftey?
lol!

anyone who thinks RW is still going to be at 200lbs. come September is dreaming. I'm willing to bet he has to purposely watch his diet just to stay down at 195 lbs. for his astral body.

Also, being 28 I know what the last 3 years have been like for a body...LOL..seriously, you gain weight as you get older a lot easier than you did when you were late teens and wanted to gain, but couldn't. If RW goes back on his strict "scientifically designed" diet and lifts, no doubt I think he can be to 220 lbs. by late Sept.

Rich22 said:
I couldn't agree more! What short term memories people have. I'll always root for the team but I won't cheer for Ricky the player. He quit on the team at the worst possible time and that's not easily forgotten. I'd much rather he just disappeared into the rain forest and lived in his tent because money doesn't mean anyting to him. Of course neither do his 4 houses or how many cars he owns. But what is money anyways! He doesn't need it - and his coming back is not money related - he just happens to have the love of the game again! If I can use the famous quote of Jim Belushi - Yep and Pull this leg and it plays Jingle Bells!!
I will cheer for Ricky the player, but I will never like Ricky the person ever again. As long as he just comes back, keeps his mouth shut and performs I will be ok with two years of him spliting carries with Ronnie. People have to realize that the Ricky we all know from 2002 and 2003 doesn't exsist anymore. Ronnie is the future and Ricky will just be a nice luxery to help Ronnie ease into the NFL.

Alot of the people on this board have been saying RW is 185 or 190 lbs and won't be able to play at that weight etc. I've been saying since it was first reported that RW might come back, that he was probably already working out to get ready to return. His agent confirmed that by saying he has been training vigorously. Williams isn't out of shape. He is just a smaller than his playing weight and it won't be a problem at all for him to get back up to about 220 to 225. I wouldn't be surprised if he already is very near to his playing weight. And if he isn't, he has more than plenty of time to get there. Between now and the time he gets back, he could very easily be back to 230-235. He knows his body and will know how and what to do to get back to where he needs to be.
So now it looks like it's all but a done deal. Ricky and Ronnie: one HELLUVA 1-2 punch.

Ricky will not be back at his original weight, but he will be close in my opinion. Like someone said in another thread muscle has memory, and it will easily come back on. Remember, Ricky Williams is an athlete and has great genetics, his body is not the same as some of us on this board.
I think he will be a more threat at a smaller weight because he will be a lot quicker.

Given the way he runs, I think Ricky at 200 lbs. would get killed. He has got to get to 220 to be effective even in a part-time role.

All Ricky has to do is dine with Chester and Timbo for a few weeks and he will be at 220 in no time. :D

finfanatic99 said:
Ricky will not be back at his original weight, but he will be close in my opinion. Like someone said in another thread muscle has memory, and it will easily come back on. Remember, Ricky Williams is an athlete and has great genetics, his body is not the same as some of us on this board.
I think he will be a more threat at a smaller weight because he will be a lot quicker.
thank you..thank you..thank you..finfanatic99 and SCall13!!! I have tried to tell people this before but all they want to do is argue. I have had many physiology classes for my graduate degree and I can tell you that muscle does have memory, but moreso each human has a "sweet spot" where their body will be "normal". As we get older that sweet spot just happens to bump up, and up, and up in weight!

Anyway, judging by RWs physique over the last 10 years you can definitely tell he is a genetically gifted person. His proportions and symmetry for muscle mass is almost perfect (shoulder width, bicep-tricep size, waist width, etc.). At 5'11" I'd guess his "sweet spot" weight with muscle would be about 210lbs. With the astral body thing he is doing his focus has not been muscle mass and dilligent weight gaining/keeping nutrition. Put his body on a weight regimen, feed it the required nutrients, and I have no doubt he can be at 220-225 lbs. by the end of Sept. Of course, he's going to have to train his butt off..somethign we won't be able to gauge.

Hasn't anyone been sick or depressed or stressed out and lost 10 lbs. or so?? As soon as you are well and get back to solid eating/working out that weight/muscle comes right back easily.

200 to 220 for a pro athlete with 6 month to train is not a big deal!!!

I gained 20 pounds in my first semester of med school and that's with no training, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom