Will the 4th ranked tackle be a legit NFL starter? (In the Draft) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the 4th ranked tackle be a legit NFL starter? (In the Draft)

Watson from FSU is another option. Still a bit raw but had never played a down of football before 2010. He was a soccer and basketball player, his upside is very high. He will still be there at 42, but probably not at 54. I would love to be able to trade down to the late teens and take either Eifert, or Cordarrelle Patterson. If we stay at 12 take a surprise drop like Lane Johnson, or Bjoern Werner, or take Rhodes, or even Cordarrelle Patterson, or even Eifert. I just don't see us taking Tavon at 12 to be a slot. I wouldn't hate it but I don't think at 175 he can take the hits over the middle that a Wes Welker can take. Maybe he can but I personally don't take that chance at 12.

The only player I would be willing to trade up more than 2 spots for is probably Werner. And to be honest I wouldn't even want to do that. I say see who is on the board at 12 and take BPA or try to trade back. This is a VERY deep 2nd and 3rd round draft. The top of the 1st is not that great, trading out of the strength of the draft to move up into the drafts weakness does not make sense to me.

playmakers are great and all, but not when Tannehill is getting knocked on his behind all day. Every team in the playoffs has a good offensive line blocking for their QB. At this moment, all we have for sure is Pouncey at Center. All the other positions are up in air, we dont have elite linemen anywhere besides Center.
Yeah, that's not what's going to happen. Just get a solid starter in there and he'll be fine.

I do love picturing the horror story that is sold by those that think we need to spend a ton (either in salary or picks or both) to get an LT though. I'm just picturing what they must be imagining in their heads: No line whatsoever, 4 guys in a full on sprint towards Tannehill, and Tannehill running for his life behind the line of scrimmage. All because we didn't overpay or overdraft one position. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom