Will The Dolphins Finally Allow Kenyan Drake To Be A Featured Back? Well ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins Finally Allow Kenyan Drake To Be A Featured Back? Well ...

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-27_23-55-6.jpeg

No coaching decision was more puzzling to observers — and infuriating to fans — than Adam Gase’s refusal to use Kenyan Drake more than he did.

Despite rushing for a team-high four touchdowns and averaging 4.5 yards per carry, Drake was a spot player in 2018.

His carries actually decreased from the season before (133 to 120), although his catch total jumped from 32 to 53.

Drake’s role as a backup behind Frank Gore clearly didn’t sit great with him, and he even refused to rule out demanding a trade in the offseason last December.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article228472099.html

I like Drake but, he wasn't a starter in college either and while he can always break a long run, many times he doesn't take what's there because he's trying to make a big play every time he touches the ball. Gore would give us consistent yards.

I like Drake but, he wasn't a starter in college either and while he can always break a long run, many times he doesn't take what's there because he's trying to make a big play every time he touches the ball. Gore would give us consistent yards.

Not to compare Drake to Barry Sanders, because they're incomparable, but that was the biggest knock on Sanders was that he always looked for the home run instead of taking what was there.

That's just what Drake is.

If Miami's offense looks anything like New England's, Drake will be catching a lot of passes out of the backfield.

Tuff crowd. I like Drake. I also like Ballage.

Kinda think Flores likes Drake as well.

Gotta keep in mind this O system will be

entirely different -- and if we draft OL

as I believe -- don't be surprised if

we run the pig a lot more effectively.

I get the feeling the staff will use Drake

to maximize his burst and big play

capability. And get Ballage hammering

hard between the tackles...

We'll see. But I think we're in good shape @RB.

Has he learned how to block yet? Can't be an every down back if you're one dimensional. I think that's what has kept him off the field. Who in their right mind leaves Drake in to block on passing plays when Gore is already on the roster?

"Every little thing, is gonna be alright."

Back
Top Bottom