Will The Dolphins Recommit To The Ground Game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins Recommit To The Ground Game?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_11892208.0.jpg

It seems like every year, the story around the Miami Dolphins’ offense is how they are going to be a run-first team, using that to set up the play-action pass - which would play straight into the strengths of quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Except, the Dolphins were quick - under both former head coach Adam Gase and under his predecessor Joe Philbin - to abandon the run, which makes it hard for a play-action passing game to work.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7...view-running-backs-kenyan-drake-kalen-ballage

You've got to be balanced to win in this league. Even Dan Marino couldn't get Miami a super bowl win with an offense that couldn't run the ball.

I believe that will be a huge focus for Flores based on drafting a fullback (Cox), adding a better blocking tight end (Allen), and a few moves on the offensive line.

You've got to be balanced to win in this league. Even Dan Marino couldn't get Miami a super bowl win with an offense that couldn't run the ball.

I believe that will be a huge focus for Flores based on drafting a fullback (Cox), adding a better blocking tight end (Allen), and a few moves on the offensive line.
All things seem to be pointing in that direction. This year there seems to be more action taken to achieve that rather than the bloviating that has taken place over the years. Running the ball successfully brings a whole new dimension and unpredictability to the offense and aids in removing pressure off the QB. So far, so good...

Cant run the ball effectively with a bad oline. Something we have had the entire time we have "strayed" from the run game.

We specifically have lacked a left guard which are usually the ones who open big lanes in the run game and who pull to help the running back on runs.

The oline will be the downfall of this team yet again. Mark my words. Not enough has been done to fix this situation in decades.

Last edited:
Cant run the ball effectively with a bad oline. Something we have had the entire time we have "strayed" from the run game.

We specifically have lacked a left guard which are usually the ones who open big lanes ij the run game and who pull to hwlp the running back on runs.

The oline will be the downfall of this team yet again. Mark my words. Bot enough has been done to fix this situation in decades.

That's the type of logic that has caused us to abandon the run far too early in games. It's a "bad o-line" so therefore we might as well not attempt it.....TOTAL CRAP!!!

Like most things with repetition, specific planning, strategy, attitude and commitment it's something any O-line can get better at doing.

Too many excuses make it seems like we're going up against the #1 ranked defense when in-fact we're not.

usa_today_11892208.0.jpg

It seems like every year, the story around the Miami Dolphins’ offense is how they are going to be a run-first team, using that to set up the play-action pass - which would play straight into the strengths of quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Except, the Dolphins were quick - under both former head coach Adam Gase and under his predecessor Joe Philbin - to abandon the run, which makes it hard for a play-action passing game to work.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7...view-running-backs-kenyan-drake-kalen-ballage

REcommit? When was the last time Mia.i ACTUALLY committed to the run game?

Every team would love to run the ball. The question is, can we do it? When you start running the ball and continue to to get no yards which puts you on 3rd and long you can see why sometimes is hard to keep on trying, specially when you're behind in the score. There has to be a balance and game situations often dictates what you can do. I love having a FB now but the line needs to do it's job and unless the defense is worry about your passing game you're gonna get the box stacked all day long.

Back
Top Bottom