will the phins make sum draft moves? thoughts. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will the phins make sum draft moves? thoughts.

phinfein

we need marino.
Reaction score
all the talk is almost behind us..now it's crunch time..the draft is 2morrow..
no rb trade obviously he did'nt sign his tender.
will we make some big moves on draft day? trades?? and the pick... ne thoughts..draft day is here..bout frickin time huh?

I am hoping we trade down. I don't see anything that we really need at 12. Nothing really worth a 12 that is a position of need. Except maybe LB but I would hate to spend #12 on a LB. just my opinion.

I am hoping we trade down. I don't see anything that we really need at 12. Nothing really worth a 12 that is a position of need. Except maybe LB but I would hate to spend #12 on a LB. just my opinion.

Not sure I follow your line of thinking. We have plenty of needs at #12. In fact, too many needs. If Miami is in love with a particular player then they shouldn't be trading down from #12.

If that player is Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan, Jason Paul-Pierre, Dan Williams, CJ Spiller then trading down would probably mean they end up in the 20's and most of those players will be gone by then.

The only thing i want is to Trade down and pick up an extra second round pick

Earl Thomas won't be there. Graham is a LB, not worth a 12. Morgan, 4-3 player, not worth a 12. Jason paul pierre 4-3 player, not worth a 12. cj spiller, situational player, not worth a 12. Dan williams would be nice but this draft is loaded with nearly equal talent that can be had in the 2nd.

It will be a very interesting draft, I hope we trade down and nab a second, but round one could prove to be the same as most other round ones... however, I expect a ridiculous amount of trading going on between day one and two with all that extra time between picks.

Earl Thomas won't be there. Graham is a LB, not worth a 12. Morgan, 4-3 player, not worth a 12. Jason paul pierre 4-3 player, not worth a 12. cj spiller, situational player, not worth a 12. Dan williams would be nice but this draft is loaded with nearly equal talent that can be had in the 2nd.

Seeing as every player you named above, except Spiller, would fill a major hole on this team, im going to say they are all worth #12. Except Dan Williams.

Not when this draft is deep with defensive talent. you can get better value in the later rounds, this is why trading down is a good idea. Agree or not, doesn't matter to me.

Well, we all talk about trading down as if it is really our choice. My understanding is that it is more difficult than we think to trade down in the draft because you need a willing team to pony up valuable picks for it. I am all for trading down if we can because that way we can recuperate the 2nd round pick we gave up in the Marshall trade. With as deep a draft as this is that 2nd pick would be extremely valuable.

Back
Top Bottom