Will the players harness the media backlash the right way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the players harness the media backlash the right way?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, this probably has been brought up if this will make or break miami. I guess it's a matter of the fins mental toughness. All I know is that, still today, every analyst is bashing the fins organization and coaches and so much scrutiny. I know it's a lot of distraction for players, but if I was on the team I would have enough of this trash talking from the media and negativity on the organization and players. And use this to fuel me and I'm wondering if this is the time for miami dolphins to have an "us against the world mentality" which seems to help teams sometimes. Look at the Patriots during the spygate incident and how they got dogged by the media and other fans. What happened? They one games left and right. Yes we don't have Tom Brady and the offensive talent, but fins do have talent that hasn't reached the potential or hasn't been consistent. Just wondering what you guys think? I guess we'll find out tonight ha. Will fins be weak minded and let the distractions get to them or treat it like the patriots did for spy gate years ago.

I don't think there's any turbulence or anything else averse in the lockeroom.

Everyone knows what time it is.

I don't think there's any turbulence or anything else averse in the lockeroom.

Everyone knows what time it is.

Even if there isn't turbulence in the lockerroom, I'd be sick and tired as a player on the team of hearing everyone dump on the organization and step it into another gear. It seemed to work happen with the patriots, Bruschi even admitted he was not happy about the backlash and assumption that the patriots cheated and the view on the players and organization and how the players and coaches stepped it up another knotch. I mean it obviously pissed off Belichick, he had no mercy on teams and would just keep running up the score after beating them. I'm not saying I want fins to do that if they somehow should have a game won and somehow have a big lead on a team in the last minutes of a game.

Even if there isn't turbulence in the lockerroom, I'd be sick and tired as a player on the team of hearing everyone dump on the organization and step it into another gear..

Who says they are still listening? Could have turned it all off and focused on the game. I know I have kept ESPN and the other crap off so I don't have to listen to media outlets 3 days behind the info with an agenda they are pushing.

I mean all the formers players are saying "we did hazing and everything but not like the fins" or the fins took things too far and the fins lockerroom is the exception. That's all been said by former players, media, etc, that what other teams culture is, is fine, but dolphins, they took it to the next level, of course the other teams lockerroms are fine, but the evil dolphins organization is different. That'd annoy me as a player, because media and everyone outside of the lockerrom are making assumptions but don't know what happened or how things are. And fins lockerrom is probably no different as far as hazing and culture, but everybody media and other teams players are point the finger at fins as worse than what other teams are doing or have done, even though I doubt the fins lockerrom is any different from other teams lockerrom and bad assumptions.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Who says they are still listening? Could have turned it all off and focused on the game. I know I have kept ESPN and the other crap off so I don't have to listen to media outlets 3 days behind the info with an agenda they are pushing.

Yeah but sometimes using that in the right way can fuel you too. They can turn it off, or be aware and use this fuel the right way like the agitated patriots players did during the spygate incident.

Im sorry I couldn't help listening to Steven A talk SO passionately and so MORONICALLY and showing how uninformed he is!!!! first take has been an absolute comedy routine all week

Back
Top Bottom