Will there be a 1st round QB run like the last 2 yrs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will there be a 1st round QB run like the last 2 yrs?

fakespike

Starter
Reaction score
Lots of terrible teams above us in the draft order needing QBs: chiefs, jags, raiders, cards, bills, jets, chargers. Eagles and browns too with new ownership.

I know the QB prospects this year are pretty unheralded, but some of these teams are desperate.

This could lead to some really good players being available at 12.

We will be lucky if one QB is drafted in the top 10. DE's an OT's will be all the rage.

i hope that the bills and jets reach for a qb, bc there arent any good ones. i see the bills going after one but the jets will go defense ( i bet mingo) as usual

IMHO some of those teams will try to trade back as weak a QB draft as this is. While QB's will be overdrafted, as always, most of these guys are 2nd round talents, so it's kind of hard seeing as many as 3 going in front of us. Stranger things have happened though.

I'm excited knowing the Jest and Bills are STILL looking for a starting QB and that Brady is getting up there in age while we finally have our guy. Good times.

On topic, I think we have a few playmakers drop to us with someone before us reaching for a crap QB. It happens every year.

If I'm Miami I'd be looking to trade up if their target guy is sitting there. If you LOVE Damontre Moore or Bjorn Werner . . . and you see them slipping a bit, one of those QB needy teams who feel they can get their man a bit later could be willing to deal at a fair price. Miami needs a legit DE opposite of Wake and allow Jared Odrick to kick inside next to Soliai. Hate giving up picks but it'll be worth it if you net your man.

If I'm Miami I'd be looking to trade up if their target guy is sitting there. If you LOVE Damontre Moore or Bjorn Werner . . . and you see them slipping a bit, one of those QB needy teams who feel they can get their man a bit later could be willing to deal at a fair price. Miami needs a legit DE opposite of Wake and allow Jared Odrick to kick inside next to Soliai. Hate giving up picks but it'll be worth it if you net your man.

I normally hate the thought of trading up and giving up picks, but you're right that if we can jump a few picks and get an elite talent vs. a guy you are less sure about at 12 we are in a position to do so without giving up too much. We need difference makers, not just solid football players.

I think QBs will always run in the first round... with the rookie salary cap in place... there is less risk for a team drafting a QB high.....

Barkley, Wilson, Smith ....could all be drafted before #12....

Agree with the last two posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is talk that mike glennon may be the first qb taken in the draft over smith

you'll probably see three qbs go before miami is on the clock at #12...i would project for that...smith, barkley, wilson...such a major need teams will take chances with top 10 picks especially considering the low risk the new cba is...

you'll probably see three qbs go before miami is on the clock at #12...i would project for that...smith, barkley, wilson...such a major need teams will take chances with top 10 picks especially considering the low risk the new cba is...

If that does happen it really should push an elite player down to us. Hopefully one of the big 3 DE's. I know how you feel about Mingo, and I've seen what you've had to say about Werner, but what are your thoughts on Moore, and do you feel Moore or Werner would fit well in Miami?

If that does happen it really should push an elite player down to us. Hopefully one of the big 3 DE's. I know how you feel about Mingo, and I've seen what you've had to say about Werner, but what are your thoughts on Moore, and do you feel Moore or Werner would fit well in Miami?

i'd be happy probably with either...moores productive as heck and he's become a better run defender this year the only concern i have with moore is nothing he does off the edge pops off the screen at you...

so anytime i don't see elite tools i wonder about how much sack production you will get at the next level...and with a top 12 pick i want at least an average of 8 per year...if i'm going pass rusher...

there's no doubt the way things are playing out pass rusher might be the best route with the top pick...the wr class is deep and in round 2 there will be some nice talent to choose from...

but you also better not wait on corner very long...once there's a run they will go fast...likely in round 2

let me take a look at the top 11 teams in front of us...i can probably project what positions they will choose from off what i know...and maybe players...

i'd be happy probably with either...moores productive as heck and he's become a better run defender this year the only concern i have with moore is nothing he does off the edge pops off the screen at you...

so anytime i don't see elite tools i wonder about how much sack production you will get at the next level...and with a top 12 pick i want at least an average of 8 per year...if i'm going pass rusher...

there's no doubt the way things are playing out pass rusher might be the best route with the top pick...the wr class is deep and in round 2 there will be some nice talent to choose from...

but you also better not wait on corner very long...once there's a run they will go fast...likely in round 2

I've been screaming for the first round pick to be edge rusher. either mingo, werner or moore. I'd like to think trufant can be our 2a pick, but I'm not sure we shouldn't take a WR there, to grab a clemson or tennessee WR.. and shoot for a cb with 2b. I really think hawthorne can step in and play...

if put to task, would you go for trufant at 2A, and take BPA wr with 2B, or go WR with 2A and grab hawthorne at 2B... assuming everything falls into place for arguements sake?

i would probably if a pass rusher fell in my lap at #12 go with my highest rated wr with that high 2nd rounder and then maybe come up to around #50 for a corner with that late 2nd and a 4th to make sure i didn't get trumped on my corner...

of course this is before free agency where i really believe a high end vet wr is coming...i'd still go get a wr with that high 2nd rounder though...i think there will be some damn good talent to choose from

just taking a look there's 5 teams in front of us that could be looking or should be looking at a qb...kc, jax, cards, bills, jets...no doubt in my mind 3 qbs will go before us...

you can go ahead and pencil in the utah dt and the lt joeckel as well in front of us

Back
Top Bottom