Will WAKE have a breakout year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will WAKE have a breakout year?

I would call his performance last year, in very limited playing time, already a breakout.

Wake has shown a dominate quick burst from a 3pt stance. As a true OLB, he will need to show a consistent burst and ability to attack(POA) out of the 2 pt stance, something we seen NOTHING of this year.

He'll get more chances to succeed or fail.

I'm not as high on Wake as others are here, he did show great promise in certain situations. But again I seen nothing from a traditional 3 pt OLB stance to say he will break out of anything at OLB in a 3-4.

If wake shows he can play the run then he's going to be an All Pro selection.

For those 'FinHeaven visitors out there,that don't know who Wake is.........don't worry,by midway thru 2010 season "YOU WILL"!!!

Wake is a fierce pass rusher, but not good at lateral movement and playing the run. (also supposedly poor in coverage but I didn't notice him in coverage in a game).

Until he improves that (if thats even possible), he'll always be a situational player who gets 10 sacks, but also gets juked in the open field by a punter running a fake.

But hey, I sure hope he can improve! OLB is our most critical need IMO.

Without a doubt. It's going to be great to see the kind of stats Wake can produce with 1 year under his belt and an entire offseason.

He might, he might not lol. Seriously not enough info yet. I dont think we can assume he will do anything easily. He had one awesome game a good game and thats about it. We as dolphin fans seem to overreact when our players make a few plays and want to annoint them. Mike Nolan is not gonna magically make him Dumervil. People forget that Dumervil had 12 sacks previous to Nolan being the coordinator.

Anyone here listen to T-Roc and PK on "Moving the Chains" on Sirius/XM?

"Nolan plus Wake equals Dumervil.......TALK ABOUT IT!"

The tools he has,didn't just surface....they've been there.You're right in the fact that I hope and feel he will excel,but there's no discounting what he can do....especially with his CFL credentials.I mean 16 and 23 sacks back to back in '07 and '08,with countless tackles for losses I'll take anyday of the week....situational or not.Now with #55 on his way out,we'll truly get to see what he(Wake)is made of.The kid's got a motor that's always in overdrive.I'm excited as hell,that he's wearing our colors,and not someone elses.At least he's got a track record.We have no way of knowing what we'll get out of our draft.But this is just my opinion,and I think he's gonna be a MONSTER!!!

The tools he has,didn't just surface....they've been there.You're right in the fact that I hope and feel he will excel,but there's no discounting what he can do....especially with his CFL credentials.I mean 16 and 23 sacks back to back in '07 and '08,with countless tackles for losses I'll take anyday of the week....situational or not.Now with #55 on his way out,we'll truly get to see what he(Wake)is made of.The kid's got a motor that's always in overdrive.I'm excited as hell,that he's wearing our colors,and not someone elses.At least he's got a track record.We have no way of knowing what we'll get out of our draft.But this is just my opinion,and I think he's gonna be a MONSTER!!!

Hope u right but the coach still seems very hesistant to play him so we shall see. Personally I think he will be a good pass rusher and thats about it

Depends what you mean by breakout year. Will he have +10 sacks? More then likely. His ability to get to the QB hasn't been in question.
Im more curious to see if he can become an everydown player(better against the run and pass).

That is the question. If he can do everything necessary to be on the field every down. If he does that the sky is the limit. This guy was an absolute steal with his ability. And, in the past decade this franchise did not get too many steals like that. Developing players regardless of draft position or how they got in the league is one of the attributes that separates the champions of this league and the also rans. The Colts and NO had its rosters with these type of players.

Back
Top Bottom