Will WAKE have a breakout year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will WAKE have a breakout year?

Yes, he already had a few breakout games and that was with few snaps. Plus, with the arrival of Mike Nolan and he'll probably have a lot more playing time.

Depends what you mean by breakout year. Will he have +10 sacks? More then likely. His ability to get to the QB hasn't been in question.
Im more curious to see if he can become an everydown player(better against the run and pass).

Depending on how much he is played if he is played like he was last year no if he is played like Dumerevil was in Denver then he will easly hit double diget sacks

Depends what you mean by breakout year. Will he have +10 sacks? More then likely. His ability to get to the QB hasn't been in question.
Im more curious to see if he can become an everydown player(better against the run and pass).

IMO, as long as he is a sack and QB Pressure machine I will be more then happy to have him in the lineup. If he can play Average against the run then its just a bonus, its not Like Porter was even average against the run, I mean how many games did he go without even a tackle.

It's a win win/upgrade with Wake no matter what as long as he is dominant pashing the QB.
Chubbs

In a Mike Nolan run defense, Wake could have 10+ sacks.

Yes. As Pasq said after he was fired, and Sparano has said as well, Wake's problem is run defense/coverage. However, Dumerville is arguably the worst OLB in the NFL against the run and Nolan had no problem using him. So I think Nolan will get a breakout year out of him, from a pass rushing standpoint.

Wake was the most efficient pass rusher on the team last year. The only question is whether he can be a three down player and fall back into coverage. The facts that Porter was bitching about losing playing time to Wake in 2010 and the Phins decision to release Porter provides your answer about the team's view.

Wake will start at WSLB and should have double digit sacks.

Wake was the most efficient pass rusher on the team last year. The only question is whether he can be a three down player and fall back into coverage. The facts that Porter was bitching about losing playing time to Wake in 2010 and the Phins decision to release Porter provides your answer about the team's view.

Wake will start at WSLB and should have double digit sacks.

I can definately picture Wake Starting with JT beyond moved back to his natural position (as backup 3-4) and picking up a Graham or Weatherspoon or one of the plethera of 2nd round SOLB comming out in the draft.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom