Will We Regret It? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will We Regret It?

Be sure that Reggie McKenzie has a hand in all of this.

Getting McKenzie was another huge move IMO ..... and one more example of another level of FO..........

Its beginning to feel like we have finally begun to come out of the stone age (and even many of the fans needing additional time to see the different level of doing business )

Will it work ???? only time will tell but definitely way way way overdue..

Last edited:
Getting McKenzie was another huge move IMO ..... and one more example of another level of FO..........finally
It doesn't get much gas around here, but it was probably one of our biggest, moves this off-season. He drafted some really solid players in Oakland and was well on his way to right their ship, then Gruden came along and the rest is history. Good for us.

You can’t ask for a better scenario than what New Orleans provided for us.

38 guys drafted in the third round, 20 of them will flat out suck, 10 will be solid players, 5 will be very good and 3 will be great. Who loves those odds?

Best case scenario Jaylon Ferguson has the same exact career as Jason Taylor, so what, we went 1-15 and won 1 playoff game with JT. 99 is my 2nd favorite player of all time and it’s not his fault the franchise blew. Their is no substitute for taking a chance on a talented QB.

Also the greatest way to enhance your chance at success is by acquring draft picks. Took long enough for someone in Miami to grasp this basic philosophy that just requires a tad bit of patience.

I think some people are legimitaley upset we arent trying to be 1-15 on purpose.
Agree w your points but we won more than 1 PO game w JT here I’m pretty sure. Didn’t we beat Buffalo, Seattle and Indy in the first round during his tenure?

Agree w your points but we won more than 1 PO game w JT here I’m pretty sure. Didn’t we beat Buffalo, Seattle and Indy in the first round during his tenure?

Did we beat anyone in 2000 I don’t remember winning any playoff games before the Indy game.

I am starting to remember a Seattle win.

Buffalo I don’t recall at all right now.

GOD these posts are sooooo stupid! How many other teams passed on said guys. Every year it’s the same damn argument. We passed on so and so, so we’re dumb.. when 30 Other teams passed on the same guys.

It's not dumb at all actually, these guys are some of the top players in the next few rounds. A few of these guys will have a better career then Rosen, its just a matter of how much better but thanks

The absolute worst case is that he shows just enough to convince Flores and co. to give him another year and this team heads down the Tannehill path again. Everyone has the two buckets which they assume he will fall into.....either potential franchise QB or failure. If he fails you draft another QB and if he shows that hes deserving of the franchise moniker they build around him.

Odds are hes going to fall somewhere between the two extremes and next offseason the team finds itself in the same situation the Cardinals went through. They've spent far less draft capital and it will be easier to move on from him but its never a straightforward decision to walk away after investing a pick and a season in a QB.

I do think they made the right move, assuming the coaching staff is on board. This is the most talented QB in Miami since Marino by a pretty big margin. Hopefully they can make something of it.

That's not true actually because if he plays like **** the year after we can land sunshine

This move sets us up nice for Trevor Lawrence. IMO Lawrence will finish his college and not come out early. So next year we build offense for Rosen. If he is mediocre with 3 season under the belt we go hard on getting Trevor in a Dolphins uniform. I dont care if it costs us next years number 1 in 2023 draft. Just get him to Miami.

Exactly people want this bust in the making Tua when Sunshine is going to take the league by storm, they just need to wake up their eyes bro, they will see in time, however that kid is gonna go to the NFL as soon as he can

Im starting to see things Largo's way.

--We got Wilkins, when we needed a DE, and already had Taylor and Godchaux, even Hood.

--Deiter, who got mauled in the senior bowl. Should be an average starter.

--Rosen was technically acquired for a 2nd, 4th, and then 5th next year. Rosen had Fitzgerald, Gresham and Johnson and still put up poor numbers in Arizona.

--Andrew Van Finkel in the 5th. He would have gone undrafted.

....We could have got Montez Sweat, Eric McCoy, Julian Love, Ross Pierschbacher, Gerald Willis III. Next year we get our QB.

--We got Wilkins, when we needed a DE, and already had Taylor and Godchaux, even Hood.

--Rosen was technically acquired for a 2nd, 4th, and then 5th next year. Rosen had Fitzgerald, Gresham and Johnson and still put up poor numbers in Arizona.

....We could have got Montez Sweat, Eric McCoy, Julian Love, Ross Pierschbacher, Gerald Willis III. Next year we get our QB.

So when the sky turns green and the grass turns blue. You and Largo can be the new GM and leader of the scouting department.

I didn't go much on Rosen last year in the draft. Thought he was ok, but didn't want him replacing RT at QB. Happy that zone traded up, and we took Minkah.

However, 12 months later a lot has changed. RT is gone, Gase is gone, Tannebaum is gone. We have Fitzmagic as our QB. Rightly or wrongly, he was our starter till 24 hrs ago.

Now, we find ourselves trading for Rosen. Didn't trade much in stock value. Picked up last years top 10 pick, for what is literally a bag of chips...some of which were saying they would be happy if Miami traded RT for the same.

Now we have Rosen as our possible starter for what is really chump change money. It's actually a wise move in a few ways.

1. He costs sfa in way of draft Capitol and money.
2. This tank for Tua, well, there is no way of knowing if he will declare for next years draft. If he doesn't, then the Rosen move could be brilliant. If Rosen shines, then he could be our future going forward. If he blows, then what have we really lost? Not much.
3. If Rosen does indeed suck, and Tua does declare, with our draft stock, we may well be set to pick him.
4. If Rosen shines, and we don't need a QB, then we pick the bpa, a DE, whoever, or use our spot as massive draft Capital and move down.

Overall, a bloody good move by Grier and Flores.

That's how I sees it.

If Josh Rosen sucks and we end up with the 1st overall pick next year there are 0 regrets.

Or you could have spent that pick improving both of your lines to help make the team better for next year when and if you get your franchise quarterback.

It's not dumb at all actually, these guys are some of the top players in the next few rounds. A few of these guys will have a better career then Rosen, its just a matter of how much better but thanks
um, ok.. yes you’re correct but not sure at all how your post applies to the point which is other teams passing on these players just like we did.

Lots of decent posts and points of view. Honestly was not big on the Rosen move based more of the timing and position we are in. Sure you take the home run swing when the opportunity presents itself so from that perspective the move made sense.
As I mentioned the timing is horrible because Rosen is coming to a crummy team with no offensive line and in a very realistic position to draft a great once in a life time QB. So that gives Rosen a small window to shine and if he does and we get a all world QB next year we are pretty much forced to sit him.
The rest of the draft did not offer much regarding talent aquired which means to me Flores is overdrafting or has confidence he can coach them. I am hoping for the latter. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom