Will We See Fitz Again? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will We See Fitz Again?

Just playing the odds here, I think he'll be back in the starting lineup at some point this season. Whether it's due to Rona, injury, underperforming, or the team simply falling out of contention there's just so many ways it could happen.

If Tua lights it up (like we all hope he does) or we have a shortened season then he'll play the rest of the way.

I do think Fitz has one final chapter in his story before he hangs up the cleats - hoping for a happy ending because the dude definitely deserves it.

This is not like the Rosen situation last year in which they put Rosen in merely to see what he had to offer as the starting QB. It was a hit or miss situation with Rosen and obviously he missed. Tua was selected to be the QB of the Dolphins for the next decade and they won’t be pulling him out and replacing him with Fitzpatrick unless it is injury related. They will let Tua learn over the next 10 games and they will accept the good and bad because all Rookie QB’s do have bad moments.
I think the only time we will see Fitzpatrick the rest of the season is when they show the Dolphins sideline and he is sitting next to Tua while he continues to mentor Tua.

I've avoided most of these threads because of the lack of class shown by some and I just didn't want to get any of it on me...

But I thought I've give my 2 cents on this one.

Barring an injury or an extreme melt down by Tua, Fitz will not see the field again. There is no point now. Tua is our future and he needs to be immersed in the fact that the job is his.

Barring injury, I don't think Fitz will play again. I hope he comes back to back up Tua, for continuity's sake. If he doesn't, AND Houston nets a high enough pick, the Dolphins COULD find themselves in the dreaded Jennifer Anniston-Brad Pitt- Angelina Jolie fiasco.

If Tua takes hits to his hip or gets reinjured then Fitz would start.
Opposing defenses will put an X on him. Tua durability is a concern.

We'll see him in mop up duty when we are blowing teams out.

Back
Top Bottom