Will we select a QB in the later rounds of the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we select a QB in the later rounds of the draft?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Dolphins | Ireland satisfied with quarterback class
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:39:50 -0700

Armando Salguero, of The Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said he thinks there is good depth at the quarterback position in this year's NFL Draft. He thinks there will be at least a dozen quarterbacks that will be on NFL rosters in 2008.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

There is a wealth of talent in the later rounds of the Draft. Kevin O'Connell, Ryan O'Hara, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, John David Booty, just take your pick!

Screw that can we not waste picks on QBs....we got Beck why not use our seconds wisely and get talent throughout the roster

I think that our QB Situation right now has too many question marks NOT to select somone... The question is how high? I have been noticing alot of interest by us in Henne which would put us selecting a QB in the second round most likely.

Honestly I think that we have bigger needs to fill and would be better off later with maybe a kid like Josh Johnson whose stats (yes I know he played for San Diego) are staggering... Select someone with real potential, maybe a little raw and see what you can get... we will be taking one... it is just a question of 'where'... I say wait past the 2nd.

If there's a great value there in the 6th or 7th round then they might look at a QB....but I don't think we'll take one in the first 4 or 5 rounds.

Adding a rookie QB to the mix to compete for the starting job just doesn't make sense when you've got two guys on the roster aged 28 and 26.
We really need to find out what we have with these two guys, and barring major injury to both of them, we won't have playing time available for a rookie QB this year.

You don't draft a QB high to have on hand just in case your other young QB doesn't work out. When you draft a QB high it's because you want him to start right away (Peyton Manning) or because you have an older QB and you need to prepare for his eventual retirement (Aaron Rodgers)

So IMHO it'll either be a late late rounder to hold a clipboard and develop for future years, or nobody at all.

Back
Top Bottom